The Unregistered ... bikes that is ... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

The Unregistered ... bikes that is ...

BC, Silver spurk, YP ......

What are your plans for 04 lads ..... I understand trucking up and back is starting to all look a bit difficult ....

So ... is leaving them up in KL an option ... either in a rented garage or with someone like Barry who could fettle them and keep them in shape et al ....

Curious to know which way your all headed .... I might end up making up the numbers ......

The thought of that ride is starting to all get a bit daunting .... compared to the idea of all chipping in gas money for a cosy trip up in a car .... or even a cheap budget flight .....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 05:09 PM

I've been giving this issue some thought and I haven't really found an ideal answer. It seems vaning the bikes up and down is going to be very difficult. I have made some enquiries about renting a van but when they hear you want to take it to Malaysia they simply say no.

So its either leaving the bike with someone like Barry or renting a lock-up at the circuit. Sharing the cost of a lock up would probably be cheaper but what do you do when you need work done? Someone said the rent is about RM500 a month so 5 sharing would make it an affordable RM 100 each. Leaving it with Barry will cost somewhere in the region of RM250 for a race-weekend, including a mechanics to help you and I think petrol.

So what to do?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 05:17 PM

I haven't got that far yet.

All ideas welcome

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

mmmm.....

I like the idea of the lock up, and at the circuit would make all the sense ....

How would it work out if there was a lock up ... and when any work was needed the bike(s) could be handed over to Barry to prep prior to the next trip ...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 12:22 AM

With regards to towing the bikes up there, there is a company in Singapore who does such stuff. I think its called Bikebulance.

I will call the chap and find the rates if he still does it.

Will update soon.

Lock ups at the circuit? Dont know about the security measures down at SIC but at PG, there have been numerous cases of theft.

Cheers.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

Woofboy ..... you are becoming useful ?? .... no .. waaayyyy ....

Much appreciated if you could call .... and I am quite sure the lads affected are also keen to see the results...

Cheers mate
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 08:48 PM

update 1

The fella said he will be able to let me know soon.... but he would like to know the numbers and frequency of trips...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Tug

I called last year

We talked to them a while back and its way expensive.
They collected my Gixxer when it blew its beans at Pagoh, cost around 300 to collect from the service station and drop me off at the causway, push over from there and collect at the other side
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 09:00 PM

If Pagoh is somewhat in the mid point...

it should lead to about 600 for SIC.... I shall ask anyway and see if this guy has lowered his price... will never know if he has been blessed with a kind heart although highly unlikely....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode