the end of another chapter - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Location: currently spending the summer at my oxfordshire address
Angry the end of another chapter

well, the malaysian government have decided i'm not welcome here as a tourist any longer and have to leave the country by the 14th feb and not return for at least 6 months

i'm apparently taking the piss by staying here and spending money so unless something comes up in the next couple of weeks i'm heading back to blighty with my tail between my legs and a suitcase full of summer gear to regroup and plan my next invasion of asia

I want to be young & wild. Then I want to be middle-aged & rich. And then I want to be old & annoy people by pretending I'm deaf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 04:56 PM

Sorry to Hear That!

Bad News Paul

I hope that you get another opportunity to come out again real soon.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Tug

Farkingwankers

Sorry to hear the bad news, let me know if you need any help.
We have a spare room if you need a place to crash for a while.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 07:42 PM

Really sorry to hear that. Hope you'll make it back soon.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

thanks all

yeah! top pisser, but i'm kinda getting resigned to the idea of the uk in feb Jali is coming with me, the poor girl has never been out of asia so i recon she's in for a monster shock!! but she'll also drag me back here as soon as my exile finishes, so thats a good thing.
YP, dont know if you got the pm i sent, but you and anyone else are welcome to stop up here for a beer and a bed any time in the next 2 weeks.
after that you can have the use of the holiday home we bought a year or so ago, just email me to sort the dates out.

see you all soon, and thanks
P&J
Attached Images
File Type: jpg penthouse.jpg (22.8 KB, 73 views)

I want to be young & wild. Then I want to be middle-aged & rich. And then I want to be old & annoy people by pretending I'm deaf
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 11:19 PM

Sorry to hear Paul.
It's always sad to see people leave. Hope for your sake (especially Jali's) that you can make it back soon.

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 03:28 AM

TTFN

I can give you a weather forecast coz I only just got back myself.

Its minus 5 and fookin cold.... Vanessa and argued about who was going to go to bed first to warm it up !!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 12:12 AM

Aw booger

Worse luck mate,

Seems like we're both Persona Non Grata these days. Malaysian embassy in Oz have conveniently lost my passport & visa.... I've been off radar for a while, hope your Sepang rash is fixed up by now.

Don't go back to grim winter in Blighty - spend summer in Melbourne first!

In fact come to think of it I've got an R6 racebike which I'm not allowed to ride until April (apparently turning up to my wedding in a wheelchair is Not Permitted...), you could always get in a crafty trackday at the mighty Phillip Island.

Predictably club racing in Australia is a Big Time reality check - after fannying about at the back for a whole weekend I've dragged my sorry arse into the top ten now and again, but it's a whole different ball game. Grids of 40 teenage kids who ruled in MX and have now decided they're the next Troy Bayliss, oo-er...

Am famously useless at keeping in touch, will try harder in future.

Cheers, Jonny R.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the tip jonny boy, but funds (lack of) and the urgent need to get atleast 1 screw out of my leg (its about 20mm to long and starting to look odd!!) means a trip to the forgotten land is the order of the day. but i have been applying for a few jobs in oz recently and the response has been encouraging, so after i earn a bit of cash back home we are thinking of heading over for a month or so to check it out.

good to hear your getting up there on the track days, and obviously anne is right about the wheelchair thing as that is what screwed up me and jali's nuptuals, and ultimatly led me to the position i'm in today (apparently if i was married i'd get an automatic 6month rolling visa instead of the 6 month exile i've got now )

anyway, 6 months at me mams will toughen me up just enough to take on the world again.

best to yours from mine.

paul

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 05:40 AM

Re: Aw booger

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Noluck

Am famously useless at keeping in touch, will try harder in future.

Cheers, Jonny R.

.. hey big fella.

Seems like you have 'forgotten' some of your old tricks since your departure ..... so as a fellow riding caaaaant can I remind your of your legendary late-braking-then-hitting-fellow-riders which worked a treat when the competition was deep .....

or ... is that politically incorrect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode