MSS 600 class - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

MSS 600 class

FYI, I have already written a letter proposing the 600 class for next years MSS. I will need signatures of those who support the idea (even those who do not wish to ride the class but have no objections to it are encouraged to sign). If any of you wish to sign but can't be at MSS7, pls. sign a short note stating your support and send it thru someone who'll be there.

I'll be at the riders' briefing on Sat so will be going round collecting signatures. C Ya.

Still Racing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

I'm happy to report that the proposal was accepted by most MSS riders and was duly presented to Jeff Amin. He is fully supporting the idea and has his own proposal to forward to SIC. Says there's an 90 percent chance it'll happen. Good news for Boycie is that the 636 will be accepted and so will 748 Ducatis...Cheaters

Still Racing
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 08:41 PM

Mines bigger than yours!

Quote:
Originally posted by classicracing
......... Good news for Boycie is that the 636 will be accepted and so will 748 Ducatis...Cheaters
Hoorah, time to order them cams, ecm, big bore, nitrous and kiddy stablizers.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 08:44 PM

Class of '04

Any idea if it will now be a 600 only series? Or will there be an open as well as the 600? Novice for either..... anyone......??
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 09:40 PM

According to Jeff

It is intended that there will be an open class and (presumably depending) on numbers the novice class may be retained.

The regs will be enforced next year i.e. basically pipes, rear shocks, fork internals and chips will be free, engine must be mechanically standard. So don't order the cams just yet Boycie.

SIC is seeking competitive quotes from the main tyre manufacturers (i.e. better sponsorship than Pirelli is offering now) and may allow free tyres.

However, nothing is certain until SIC makes an announcement.

1-4 The Road
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 09:41 PM

Location: currently spending the summer at my oxfordshire address
Mr Cap and anyone else

I robbed this off the Msb site, so sorry amir.

Well, there was good response for the proposal I put forward to SIC through Jeff Amin. Basically, the proposal was for SIC to set up a different championship for the 600s and also to allow different makes of tyres into MSS. I got about 25 signatures for both proposals and presented it to Jeff at the end of the rider's briefing.

Surprisingly, during the briefing Jeff had mentioned HIS own proposal to create the 600 class. I had spoken to him earlier about our proposal and got a positive response but he didn't mention anything about his own proposal. From what I gathered, he proposed having both the Expert and Novice run together (Open Expert and Open Novice, 600 Expert and 600 Novice) for different c'ship points. So, the issue of not having enough participants doesn't apply. Anyway, I stated in the proposal that we would leave the actual details up to SIC (as long as the 600 don't have to fight for the same points and in the same race as the litre bikes NB: The 600s can opt to enter the Open class as well, so if you're up to it, you can enter both classes, Phew!).

He was pleasantly surprised, I think, when I presented the signed proposal (I didn't tell him about it) and encouraged that he could use it to reinforce his proposal to the MSS committee.

So, it looks good for the 600s. Personally, I am going shopping for one...

and Johan

To Clarify what Jeff Amin Proposed:

2 Races:

1. Superbike:
The Open and Novices race together but have separate classes and podiums, so Novices with litre bikes will still have a chance to win. Next season, the modification rules will be enforced so no mods to the bike except for race fairing, exhaust pipes, front fork internals, rear shocks and engine electronics. Steering dampers may be added, but all else must be stock.

2. Supersport:
The Open and Novices race together but have separate classes and podiums, so Novices with litre bikes will still have a chance to win. Next season, the modification rules will be enforced so no mods to the bike except for race fairing, exhaust pipes, front fork internals, rear shocks and engine electronics. Steering dampers may be added, but all else must be stock.

This will create 2 additional podium positions.

They didn't mention about how Novices and Open will be classified but if they stay with this years format of 107% of best time, it will mean that the cut-off time will be 107% of Brent Odgers new South Circuit Record, set in Race 1 of Round 7 (1' 06.340") will be 1' 10.984 secs.

hope this is of help
paul

I want to be young & wild. Then I want to be middle-aged & rich. And then I want to be old & annoy people by pretending I'm deaf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode