Websites and things - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Angry Websites and things

So after doing the "travel" thing for the last couple of weeks, I get back, get organised (as much as I ever am), and check out the SBR site....................., or not as the case may be.

It took some rooting through old papers and stuff before I found a MotoGP schedule with the Sportbikeworld URL on it. At last I could get into the forum. Previously I had my bookmark pointing at the the SBR link into the forum.

Anyway......... more "this clubs not what it used to be" crap. I've been in many different clubs over the years, and I have to say that most are the same. Some meets have good turnouts, some less so. Some members are dedicated at whatever sport the club is at, for some it is more of a fun interest, some people join but are never seen. But there are always people who get a lot out of it. This club is no different.

So nobody visits the SBR website, well maybe thats because most sections were such a joke. Most sections have not changed since I started with the club in January. The events section had a big long list of meets, I think that only two of them actually happened (asides from the MSS). When was the last MSS results posted?

I don't know how Sepang bookings work. However, I would guess that they have a list of bookings for the next year or so. I would guess that we could contact them, look for the free slots, and book say one Saturday every month. Or maybe do the same with PG and alternate between the two. Maybe we could then put these dates on the website. Maybe people would then look at the site.

Maybe maybe........

I may be a "newbie", but I consider myself to be an active member of the club. I come to every other track day, I don't race but plan to, and judging by the talk at the GP so do a lot of other people! I drop the odd beer at Molly Malones. Therefore I figure I'm entitled to send this mail.

So come on guys, make a few calls, make a few bookings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 12:13 AM

owww ho ho ho .....

fair call .... and big balls .... the bloke that used to do the web can finally walk quickly again .... and he is a strong bugga ... even I've stopped given him grief !! ....

still .... it's all good the points that you raise .... the only points that I can take a shot at are ....

1. the last mollies night had two people .... max and me.
2. we have missed two.. and no one's complained.
3. booking tracks means we need to get numbers .. but we don't even have enough people in here to make it worth while

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Suggestions, suggestions.....

The last Mollies night I went to was three weeks ago, and there was only one person there,..... ME!

If it is happening this Wednesday, I'll be there...... anyone?

The last few track days that I have been on have been attended ok. If the dates were done in advance, then maybe people could plan in advance and the numbers would go up. It is hard for me to turn up to spur of the moment events as I make other committments, but if I know in advance.......

Maybe we could join forces with the Malaysian lads to book the track, they always have a good turnout.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 03:42 AM

oh dear

i should know better ! but here goes.
Sorry you thought the sections were a joke. And of course i got loads of input from members NOT! and loads of suggestions from you NOT! and the website was visited all the time when it was updated every week NOT! and i have nothing better to do NOT!
and i'm also sorry for not dropping everything every Wednsday cos a couple of people want to go down mollies

May be if people funneled their energy into the club instead of pissin and moanin then things would get done. Instead of where's my events oh and passes oh and social meets oh and can you wipe my arse. I've got loadsa time to spend if it involves me or my bike or my ego but do somethin for somebody else Nah I can't do that ...the SBR should do it all for me
bitter Nah
angry Nah
dissapointed ..just a tad
Cheers

Big Phil
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 04:19 PM

Re: oh dear

See .. told ya he was back in fine form. Just imagine if you were near the Big Yin when he was typing the above.

Anyway ..... I'm going to be proactive .. see the poll !!

Last edited by Legend; 11-03-2003 at 04:22 PM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

In response to your correspondance dated....

Yeah, pretty much expected this and fair shout, but..........

I guess the "engage brain before tapping keyboard" approach should have been taken before describing sections of the site as a "joke". The site is or should I say before its demise, WAS good, but the accurancy, and therefore relevance was less so. According to the events calendar, there is a Sepang track day on the 16th November, where do I sign up?

Track days do happen but it seems more by hook and crook than by planning. The last one I went to was organised by Nils after he called up the track spur of the moment. Karl is setting one up this weekend spur of the moment. If these can work, then why can't we actually "plan" these and put them on that"event calendar".

Quote:
May be if people funneled their energy into the club instead of pissin and moanin then things would get done. Instead of where's my events oh and passes oh and social meets oh and can you wipe my arse. I've got loadsa time to spend if it involves me or my bike or my ego but do somethin for somebody else Nah I can't do that ...the SBR should do it all for me
When does constructive critisism become pissin and moanin? Yeah fair enough my mail probably does look more in the moaning bracket. Can I turn it to constructive? I've done my share of committee work over the years. I was secretary of a climbing club for 4 years, diving officer of a diving club for a couple of years, I now help run a climbing club here. I've only been in the club a few months and don't exactly feel I should be jumping up shouting ME, ME, ME, for the committee. However, those on the committee did volunteer, and all I am doing now is making suggestions to these erstwhile members.

Ok so I've probably made a lot of enemies here, and maybe on the next track day I'll find someone pushing me a strange line straight into the gravel (easy to do with my riding style!) but WTF, I needed to say it.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 06:18 PM

Re: In response to your correspondance dated....

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Capp
....WTF, I needed to say it.
Couldn't agree more .. and more power to you .. we need more members that are prepared to have an opinion and VOICE it.... although I qualify that by saying ..... fark the opinions of those that don't put any effort it .... (which is not you by the way). It must be said your a top member of the club, makin an effort to the Mollies nights and getting to the track ....

Still .. in regards to the 'Plan the track days more' comments .... it's all a bit hard right now. Essentially we don't have the commited numbers of keen members that can go to the track ..... and without numbers .. we can't book the track as the SBR club ... so we are relegated to the imprompty calls to PG that are as much a result of their 'flexible' calander ... and joining in on any trackdays arranged by the lads up north at Sepang....

Which is a far cry from last year ....

Also .... it's a fair call about our commitee (myself included) .. we are shite at having meetings, and most of use don't care one way or the other if the club stays or not ...

All Sad ... and all not good.... again .. see poll.

I reakon it's cause Boycie is not gay enough. If he was ... we would have lots of local lads keen to join .. and even get a few of those gay leather clad harley boys

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Tug

Less talk and more action

Problem is that based on past experience knocking your pan out to make the club interesting wasn't that worth while. As BP said its all one way, I want this and I want that but I don't want to do anything in return.
I would really like to see the club progressing but it will require some effort from the members and committee.
If enough people get off their arses it could happen But I doubt it.

Im as much to blame as anyone but I just find it hard to give a fark about it Im willing to discuss the whole issue if there are enough interested people but cant say at this stage if I want to be involed next year or not.

My suggestion would be to abolish membership fees, do a monthly news letter and publish our info and pics on the MSportbike web site. We have been offered access to the site for uploading pics, articles, and stuff so it wont be a problem.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 05:06 PM

Re: Less talk and more action

Quote:
Originally posted by Tug
[B My suggestion would be to abolish membership fees, do a monthly news letter and publish our info and pics on the MSportbike web site. ............ [/B]
I like it ..... at some stage I think the Sepang Circuit was going to get a club going .... we could be the Singapore faction .....

But .. in the meantime ... YOU need to get a proper bike again you big commuter riding carrot up arse caaaant .... and while I'm at it .... how come no post Friday dringking binge babble ... this all seems rather sane and sober mate ?

P.S ... if we become the 'Singapore' faction .... can we wear patches ..!!! ... owwww ferk .... how cooooooooool ... a 'Legend' patch ....

P.P.S ... I'm off to buy leather ......

Last edited by Legend; 11-07-2003 at 05:10 PM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Tug

Re: Re: Less talk and more action

Quote:
Originally posted by Legend
how come no post Friday dringking binge babble ... this all seems rather sane and sober mate ?

Had a couple last night but saving my self for this afternoons post beating at the hands of the sheep shaggers drinking binge

Who's watching the rugger this arvo and where ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode