MSS 5 report - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

MSS 5 report

The weekend saw some spills and some thrills like all good weekends should. Five SBR'ers took to the track, if not looking for glory, at least to improve their performance. Silva, Slasher, Nik_of_time, Martin P. and myself all made the trip. The saturday practice sessions (Open),
(Novice)

went without problems, because of additional car-races both the practice and qualifying sessions were cut to 20 mins. The qualifying sessions likewise: (Open) (Novice)

Sunday, race day, beautiful weather and an early start at 8.50 for the Open class. I had a bad start and saw most of the field pass me, after passing a few bikes I came up to 9th place and didn't have the guts to pass the next guy even though I was probably slightly faster. On the 10th lap at the last corner I saw Slasher lying by the track , next thing I knew red flags were shown. Coming round on the cool down lap I saw him being carried away on a stretcher. A worrying time until he was pronounced OK albeit suffering from a slight memory loss. Results:
(Open)
(Novice)

Second race already at 10.30 and I had a much better start and kept a consistent pace ending up at 5th with a best lap of 1.09.8. Martin P. crashed out at about lap 8 after setting a new PB of 1.09.6, the last corner again the place, Martin OK slight damage to the bike. Results:
(Open) (Novice)

Pirelli, the tyre sponsor of the series, didn't show up until 1/2 hour before first practice on Saturday so some worrying times since I badly needed new tyres. I didn't hear anyone complaining about having to use Pirelli's, most people are happy to do so since they are probably the tyre of choice anyway and getting them at a discount on top of that can't be bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 04:48 PM

Progress report on Slasher

I've spoken to the Alpha male a few times and he's ok.... very sore but quietly chuckling at the red flag rule which means that the result was taken from the positions in the previous lap.... so he gets 3rd and the points stick.

Some people have all the luck....
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 06:21 AM

glad yr ok slash

glad your ok, slasher - had us worried for a while with that stop for lie down

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Angry Silly red flag rule

Quote:
[i].... very sore but quietly chuckling at the red flag rule which means that the result was taken from the positions in the previous lap.... so he gets 3rd and the points stick.

Some people have all the luck.... [/B]
Yeah, the red flag rule can be pretty annoying. I finished both races in the points but Slasher still beat me although he didn't finish either race...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode