Legend retires ..... (in the third person) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2003, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Legend retires ..... (in the third person)

After an incredible run of racing successes, Legend has decided to retire from the sport that he has been so completely dominant in for so long.

Legend will be remembered for his exemplary style and natural ability, and it will be many many years before there will be someone that can so completely dominate the sport as he has.

Legend was heard to say however that his retirement is likely to be short lived, and a comeback for 2004 is extreamly likely.

Given the amount of time (and money !!!) on his hands, the local specators should still be able enjoy the trill that is watching The Legend midcorner during track days, and it is rumoured that the local riding community is trying to convince Legend to help out with sharing his magnificant style via highly expensive and exclusive tuition sessions.

His last minute decision however was not done lightly, and in all truth was a decision that did not really exist, the conclusion was always to be the same, but it just took a long time for this to register.

Strange rumours exist however of impending race weekends involving a Legendary Off-Road bike .... more to come on this.

Donations for the "Bring Back Legend" fund can be posted to the Chairman of the SBR Club.

Cheers.

Oh, and The Legend did have this bit of advice to share with all the avid readers of this forum .. "Ferk off ya bunch of poofs !! ... and carnts ... and poofter carnts ... "

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 12:09 AM

And

the track becomes a safer place for all.!!!!!!!!!!

Dont be too hasty ya wanka.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 12:49 PM

Thumbs down What now, shopping with the misses on a Sundee??

You'll be back..... they all come back

His spirit and grace will be long remembered, yeah right....

We'd better get a 'Singapore For Sale' section for all you give ups!!!

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 04:45 PM

Question A sad day

Well, I'm sorry to hear about your retirement, indeed a sad day! I hope you will change your mind once you hear the stories we bring back after race weekends.

What are you going to do with yerself now? (I mean apart from the obvious activities you do by yerself.)

Don't tell me you'r giving up hashing as well?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 09:34 PM

Re: What now, shopping with the misses on a Sundee??

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave
You'll be back..... they all come back

His spirit and grace will be long remembered, yeah right....

We'd better get a 'Singapore For Sale' section for all you give ups!!!

Legend,
I'll buy that Chinese character “challenge” sticker from you

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

As I said ... your all a bunch of ferkin carnts ... hehehe.

To clarify. It's the monthly regular race meetings which I just can't commit too. I would love to do it .... but after putting together a recent budget ... I came up with these numbers:

Tyres: $500 (plus)
Entry Fee: $150
Accom and Booze: $200

So before adding in the NEED to upgrade everything on my bike (it's all part of the game right), like shocks, forks, brakes etc etc .... I realised I was looking at a bill of $850 a MONTH, as a bare minimum.

I know us white trash are meant to earn zillions that we are not worth, but someone must have forgotten to tell my boss ....There is also the fact that while I love the race weekends no end, I simply can't say that I would prefer it to other activities which $850 plus can get you .... like a trip to Australia every month, a six some with some lovelies, a LOT of booze, and a third of a cheap off road bike ... etc.

Other issues that also entered my mind is that likelyhood of a decent 'off'. As us newbies have figured out ..racing is RACING. Regardless of logic or pre race decisions ... in the middle of the corner you simply MUST wind on the trottle a little more than the last time so you can catch the NEXT bugga in front of you. I find it hard to justify the potential costs of repairing a crash, with the joy of the race. If you do it, you must be prepared for the consequences.

Of course there is no way I'm giving up the track days, and it could be argued that the likelyhood of a crash on one of these is just as high (or potentially more serious .. see Boycie for evidence).

Then there is the matter of my ever escalating Visa bills, which frankly need a bit of bashing.

So, it's a year off for me, and in which I'll get me arse off to as many track days as I can fit in, save some pennies, and come 2004, have a serious look at getting a cheap and old R6 or summut and get into it for real......Johnny No Luck Styleeeee !!!! ...

Oh, it also means I can focus on my strengths .....cause I still fancy commin to some of the weekends (in an aircond car ... lift for me anyone ???) ... and take my trusty Camcorder to continue to epic that is the SBR Club !!!

Live Long ... and Prosper ... Before You Get Fat ....Ya Carnts

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 11:41 PM

Thumbs down No Mystery !

M A R R A I G E
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2003, 01:59 AM

Thumbs down Spot On Flymo!!!

Under the thumb and a big poof with it!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2003, 03:39 AM

Re: No Mystery !

Quote:
Originally posted by FlymoJoe
M A R R A I G E

CCSEW? - That is a bunch of bullshit

More like LWTSITM...go figure....
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2003, 05:03 AM

Location: currently spending the summer at my oxfordshire address
just got back from another hol in thailand (needed the r&R ) and read about your off boycie. hope you get well soon mate!!!

and as for you legend you tosser, dont suppose i can have your lap timer cheap now that your misses has removed your balls!!!!!

see ya at sepang tomorrow

I want to be young & wild. Then I want to be middle-aged & rich. And then I want to be old & annoy people by pretending I'm deaf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode