M1 bowling - nice one.... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

M1 bowling - nice one....

Mar 19 - News

Today at Phillip Island a ride day was being conducted for the public. Joining in on the action was a Yamaha M1 MotoGP machine with development rider Yoshikawa.

But unfortunately for Yamaha, a road going punter on a GSX-R1000 out-braked himself going in to Turn 4 and took out the Yamaha M1. Oh dear....

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Stop right there!!

and no smart arses, it wasn't me

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 11:52 AM

Own up then

Where's Jonny Noluck been the last couple of weekends... he has history and form coz I seen him on the telly!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

The Truth!!

Well, the facts are now coming through on this one.

Truth is, one of a group of guys on GSXR1000's that had come down from Syd for 3 days at P.I and rode with us on Monday took the M1 out on Wed arvo. Received the details this morning.... (well my mates version anyway, am sure Yamaha japan has a slightly different one):
____

One of the guys crashed into Yoshikawa and the Zillion dollar Yamaha M1 which had flown out from Japan for testing! Both bikes look pretty much worse for wear!

Yoshikawa went past him into Honda corner and then went out really wide like he was going down into the pits. Our guy came middle of the track ready to go around Honda when the M1 and Yoshikawa instead made a really tight turn to go around Honda and came straight into the path of the GSXR. The GSXR basically T-boned him.

We've been giving him heaps all the way back to Sydney as the guy who has single handily set back the Yamaha Moto GP development for this year :-)

Our guy was behind and should have been keeping an eye out as the guy in front usually has right of way, but Yoshikawa should be aware that he is on a public ride day and can't just go cutting in front of streetbikes with his fantastic light weight, carbon brakes etc and expect a heavy (relatively) streetbike to stop on a dime!

Anyway both riders are OK and put it down to "One of those things" that can happen on a track day !

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Where's Jonny Noluck been the last couple of weekends... he has history and form coz I seen him on the telly!
Oi, less of that. My mate just came back from Oz, he was at P.I. last week, all he saw was a load of pissed-off penguins charging up the beach. If John Kocinski can crash cos he hit a fish, maybe Yoshikawa hit some low friction penguin guano?

See y'all in 2 weeks, Jonny R.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode