Too funny, dem boys crack me up. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Tug

Talking Too funny, dem boys crack me up.

Really bored and went for a visit to the forum that kicked us off for a wee look see.
Found this post from a guy who put an ugly pipe and some other ugly stuff on his R1.

Last edited by Tug; 02-26-2003 at 05:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Tug

The really funny bit isnt....

...the farked up R1 but the reply further down the page.

"That is the most beautiful bike I have seen yet, and those incredible mods take it over the top. I have NEVEr EVER seen a bike modded like that. Damn, I aspire to someday own something as beautifully modded as your bike. Top notch Bro, top notch"

One of these boys needs to get out more...............................
After he leaves school that is

Last edited by Tug; 02-26-2003 at 05:17 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 05:51 PM

Poodle Parlour

Have to agree not much sensible stuff there even in the Mechanical section.

I asked the...How much hassle did you have when you fitted an AP or Bimbo master cylinder to an 02 R1? ...question and got a mixed array of answers ranging from ...its a piece of piss if you have an 01 R1...which was useful to....AP eats Bimbo... Ap sucks big ones.....get the triple pump action shot master anal dude... etc.

I went down to Joes in the end to size up Mdm Bimbo's 19x18 PumpMaster Lovely armed with vernier to find that I need to create about 8mm to make it fit.

Not only that the R1's throttle cables will foul the bottom of Mdm Bimbo's underside especially when you fit the switch so all in all by the time i have finished drilling out the right combination of locating holes for all the gubbins, my right hand bar will be slightly longer and like Swiss cheese!

Did you see the post with a guy making a Xmas tree out of his R1? It had flashing lights, tinsle,glass pompoms and surprise, surprise a big fairy stuffed on the top...How unusual!!!!!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Tug

Dont be too hard on them...

......those boys are busy with some much more usfull topics like:

lifespan of a 12volt white l.e.d ?
with a in line resistor what sort of life can i get out of this compared to a normal 12 volt bulb,do leds last longer in general?

The guy is gonna take the LED out when he scraps the bike and fit it in his new one You can understand the interest when you consider the cost involved

Did you try Faros or e mailing direct ?

How much space is available ?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 07:40 PM

Space & Stuff

Yes spoke to Faros and got decent e-mail from AP Racing from Pete Harris.

The bit to get for my bike is a CP4125-25 which comes with a switch and a right angled adaptor for the banjo bolt.

Pete Harris says it can be done on some standard bars but not all. It probably depends on the switch gear size, (mine has a light switch, Joes doesnt 2mm difference) and maybe Yamaha have slight variations in their bar lengths.

If I order the AP Racing kit I can use my existing HEL racing lines but I guess theres still fun to be had with fitting.

With Brembo the main problem is that the width of the clamp increases as you get to the bolts on both the pump side and the clamp. It actually needs about 19-20mm of straight bar to attach. I would have to get the switch gear down 8mm minimum for it physically fit with it jammed up against the fork clipon.

The only way to create the space is move everything downstarting with the end weight, throttle whih will need a twist forward so that the cables dont foul the new pump and brake switch.

With the Brembo I will need to get new lines made up so were probably looking at a bill around S$700.

List price for the AP Racing unit is GBP 320.

Either way it might be better to get a new set of clipons but I reckon thats making the whole project to expensive and Ill probably have to think up away to make exercise my right hand more intersting than it is now.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 07:59 PM

Re: Poodle Parlour

Quote:
Originally posted by Boycie
....to find that I need to create about 8mm to make it fit.
If I understand the problem, wouldn't a nice set of slightly longer clip ons solve your problem (and give a little more leverage to boot) I rode a 600 the other day with some bars and it felt great.

My favourite post over at R1dorks.com went:

'I used to work with this retired State Trooper and one night on patrol he was on a back road and a moose came running out in front of him and smashed into the wind sheild, the ass part of the moose it was. Well the moose died and rested on the guys chest and started to cut off his air supply and he couldn't move his arms to call in for help. Just like everything that dies, it started to lose control of its bung hole so it started to crap on him, moose droppings. He said it was so fresh and all that it was even burning his lap. He lucked out because some old geezer driving by stopped and hooked up his wench and pulled the moose off the guy. True story'

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 08:13 PM

at what cost?

I think a decent set to the job are going to be S$350+????
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Tug

Clip on

I think shah has some fer about 250 also try motoworld, how good do they need to be ? You only steer the bike round burger king car park with them any how Oh and hang yer bag of coffee on them on the way to werk with yer flip flops on and yer jacket on backwards and yer leg sticking out
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 03:24 AM

w-w-w-what?

This thread started off quite well but ended up like all the other BMW Club discussion groups on ABS brakes vs non ABS brakes e.g.

Or if you can't figure that out - the topic rated way below the 1996 Embassy snooker championships in the UK (the least watched TV programme in England, EVER)

Maybe the AVIVA sponsered 10 pin bowling championships in Singapore earlier this year came close
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode