Second opinions please... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2003, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Second opinions please...

Was looking around for a new bike at the weekend and whilst looking for a bigger bike came accross (not literally, but it was close) a six month old R6 (2002 Model) with 3,000 km on the clock and in showroom condition. Gadgee wants 14K for it.

Anyone have an R6 / reckon its a good price / buy?? Are Yamahas as reliable as Hondas? Worth it?

And this'll make you laugh - took my bike to show somone to sell it and when I tried the ignition for a demo - absolutelyfooking nowt!!! What a bastid!

Never had any problems with it b4. Maybe it doens't want to be sold!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 03:22 PM

By all accounts a TOP piece of kit mate .... but with the arrival of the 03 model ... very surely to be a very dated model.

The improvements over the 02 seem substantial ... but like anything ... it won't change the way the 02 goes ... but it just might make a big dent in the selling prices ...... if you can wait.

The 600's seem to be the class to be in at the moment ....
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 05:32 PM

Bye bye blackbird...

From a Blackbird to an R6...... that's some serious move Agree that the 02 R6 will date faster than a 18 year old slut.....

Quote:
The 600's seem to be the class to be in at the moment ....
At the track yeah I couldn't agree more, but anywhere else doing almost anything else and they grind on me, too much hard work and are completely crap at wheelies.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 05:37 PM

The Yamahas I have owned have been even more dependable than the Hondas I have owned. Both are excellent.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 06:27 PM

Re: Bye bye blackbird...

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave
From a Blackbird to an R6...... that's some serious move Agree that the 02 R6 will date faster than a 18 year old slut.....

At the track yeah I couldn't agree more, but anywhere else doing almost anything else and they grind on me, too much hard work and are completely crap at wheelies.
That's a good point . I ride my R1 to work and back, and love it. Stick it in top ..... and it's a twist and go ...

600's may well turn out to be more fun at the track, although that would be down to personal preference for some.

Only wish I could modify the tank and frame so I could make my R a proper step through...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 02:58 AM

Dunno, I've never had a black bird, nor fancied one................

(is that a politically correct admission?)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 03:14 AM

Y2K onwards GSXR750

You'll never regret it...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 09:15 PM

Buy it

The R6 is an excellent track bike. Had one before the R1 and want to get another one. Probably will buy the 03 when it arrives.

Absolutely love them, but not on the road.

I think 14k is a bit optimistic.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Thanks

Still not sure what I'm going to get, buts its all academic at the moment until I can get someone to buy my black bird. Perhaps I should put an ad up in Orchard towers....

The gadgee with the R6 can't sell that and 'phoned up last night asking if I wanted to make an offer. Still a possibility... I've got a car now so it would only really be a toy, as opposed to my primary transport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode