DickyP making contact [err from London] come in please - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Cool DickyP making contact [err from London] come in please

Guys

I know you have been worried about me Wanted to let you know I am safely back in London.

I had to leave the 916 behind, which was a bit of a wrench. However I have dug out the old Ducati Monster 900 which I left in the father in laws garage.

Rode it home in pissing rain & dark round teh M25 with my Mum's cagoule on - as the kit is being shipped from Sinagapore. Fark winter is a bitch here.

Looking at a Triumph 955 Daytona or a 996 etc. The Triumph looks a bit more "comfy" for London commute and touring - but is a wee bit heavier. Anyone ever ridden one or care to proffer an opinion ?

Well I am in seriously monster culture shock as regards the biking. Will have to give my next traffic cop 50 ringgit and see if that works here too.

Don't forget to appreciate how good you've got it out there - it's bloody top dollar

See ya

DickyP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 04:43 AM

Re: DickyP making contact [err from London] come in please

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DickyP I know you have been worried about me Wanted to let you know I am safely back in London.

Anyone know this "Dick"

"DickyP" - Sounds like a homosexual rapper ?

Care to Remind me !
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Its me Dicky-P

Joe,

My laptop is on the boat from Singapore - so no digital images of the wonderful Yellow 916 cruising at 50kph around Shah Alam in training sessions......

.......and no lovely photos of my beautiful mug either........

Handsome, great rider, great bike -> does that ring a bell

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Tug

Re: Re: DickyP making contact [err from London] come in please

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FlymoJoe
Quote:
[i]Originally posted by DickyP I know you have been worried about me Wanted to let you know I am safely back in London.

Anyone know this "Dick"

"DickyP" - Sounds like a homosexual rapper ?

Care to Remind me !
Dicky P the terror of Shah Alam and PG, didnt make it to Sepang as I remember due to rug rats. (Worked for "Slacko" one of the Parbury Knobs for Flymo's info)

UK sounds like hell DP, hope not to experiance it in the near future, good luck on the daily commute and with the impending short stay at her magestys pleasure when the 50 ringets is regected
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 10:00 PM

I wondered....

Dicky - I wondered where you had gone!

Was it the off roading with me that we did in JB that Sunday morning?

Have ridden the old t595 Daytona - Although the triple has different characteristics from our V twins, a great bike to ride but with a similar position - weight on wrists etc. Some find the bars can be too wide. Other than that - great thrash, and more liveable to commute with I'd say than a 996
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2003, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Talking Chummers me old teapot

Chumley

Good to hear from you & thanks for the note on the Triumph.

The missus would definately prefer an easier ride than the Duke [no innuendo intended] and for myself a bit more flexibility on the commuting would be good.

Was going to invest today - but unfortunately the Minister for Home Affairs has put the kybosh on the plan. Got to start saving my pocket money first

DickyP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode