Sportbike World banner

Camel enters MotoGP

630 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Wolverine 
#1 ·
The glory days of AMA rider Mike Smith on a Camel Honda is returning? I used to love watching him ride especially the one at Road Atlanta where he gave the fight of the century for first place against the other Duc fella whose I name I forget....

Hot off the wire....

MotoGP team Honda Pons will be sponsored by tobacco brand Camel cigarettes for the next three years.

The Camel Pramac Pons team are fielding Max Biaggi and Tohru Ukawa this year, both riding the four-stroke Honda RCV211V. The team is managed by two-time World Champion Sito Pons, who is happy with the partnership.

" We are delighted to welcome Camel into MotoGP and particularly honoured that they have chosen to work with our team for the next three years. Our aim is to win and with Camel’s support, we have added the final piece to the jigsaw of what we hope will be a championship-winning combination of riders, team, bike and sponsor. And in Max Biaggi and Tohru Ukawa, we certainly have the riders with the ability to claim the much-coveted World Title for the Camel Pramac Pons Team, " said Pons.

This is the first time Camel have been involved with MotoGP, but it has been involved with plenty of motorsport, including Forumla One with the Lotus, Jordan, Benetton and Williams teams. Camel’s parent company, JT International, also own Mild Seven, who sponsor the Renault Formula One Team.
:thumb: :thumb:

I know who I am supporting this season...hopefully Max stops
crashing out.

Anyone know why West pulled out??

Cheers...:)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.