Honda and Ducati tested at Sepang today - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

Honda and Ducati tested at Sepang today

Unofficial lap times:

Daijiro Kato 2´05.2 (29 laps); Loris Capirossi 2´05.3 (38); Valentino Rossi 2´05.7 (23); Tohru Ukawa 2´06.0 (55); Max Biaggi 2´06.0 (25); Troy Bayliss 2´06.5 (39); Sete Gibernau 2´06.6 (24); Shinichi Itoh 2´07.0 (55); Nicky Hayden 2´07.7 (58); Makoto Tamada 2´09.0 (56).

You can get some video footage from today here

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.

Last edited by Silva Bullet; 01-21-2003 at 01:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

and Yamaha tested at Jerez

Quote of the day was from Shinya Nakano who disrupted the training session by an otherwise inconsequential crash for Nakano at lunchtime. ´I lost the front end,´ explained Nakano. `It seemed as if there was some oil on the track or something.'

Unofficial lap times: Alex Barros (Gauloises Yamaha Team) 1´42.9; Marco Melandri (Fortuna Yamaha Team 1´43.8); Carlos Checa (Fortuna Yamaha Team) 1´44.3; Shinya Nakano (D'Antin Yamaha) 1´45.2; Olivier Jacque (Gauloises Yamaha Team) 1´47.8.

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 03:27 PM

This help make you a 2:05.3

Loz on the rattler @ Sepang hangin' it for you I-talian lovers....

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 04:46 PM

Talking and.... I might need to go down and offer Gazza a few tips

McCoy crashes on first day of Kawasaki test at Phillip Island

Kawasaki Racing Team arrived at Phillip Island for the first of three days of testing today, but Garry McCoy had completed just two hours and 21 laps when he suffered a heavy crash in the notorious Siberia corner of the Australian race track. Dazed and heavily shaken, the `King of Slide´ was taken to the hospital in the local town of Cowes for a medical check, but was later released without any injuries apart from bruises and mild concussion.

`Normally, you just hold second gear from the exit of Honda corner to the braking point for Siberia, but I must have hit a bump, because I accidentally clicked into third with the throttle still wide open,´ explained McCoy, who struggled last season thanks to injuries picked up during winter testing. `Obviously, I got into that corner way too hot. I tried to brake and slow down as much as I could before letting the bike go, but there is not a lot of run-off there, so I hit the ground quite hard.´

Team Manager Harald Eckl confirmed that the spill was due to a gear shift problem. `Our computer data confirms a very unusual shift from second to third gear right at the braking point for the Siberia left-hand corner,´ he commented.

`Garry arrived at his home circuit highly motivated, so it was especially unlucky for him to crash when the test had hardly started. Fortunately, he didn´t suffer any serious injuries, and we hope that he will be fit to ride tomorrow.´

McCoy´s team-mate Andrew Pitt and test riders Akira Yanagawa and Alex Hofmann rode on despite strong and gusty winds, aiming to find a suitable set-up for the fast and sweeping circuit. With two of their new chassis stuck in quarantine at Melbourne airport, they worked on refinements of the Fuchs Kawasaki Ninja ZX-RR´s fuel injection system, and on tests of the latest generation Dunlop tyres.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 08:37 PM

Riding before the paint is dry?

Interesting black line across the fairing there...they rode off before the black paint could dry?? Cants...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 03:48 PM

Red face

I have absolutely no farking idea on at least half of your posts Wolfboy.... anyone got a clue??

(Moving to the trainspotters sub forum)

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 03:55 PM

I reckon

the line he's on about is on the lower panel and is obviously a vent, just taken from a funny angle.
Difficult to see when you've got yer head up yer arse eh Wolffy
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 05:12 PM
Tug

Oi leave off Wolf Boy

I fully understand where wolf boy is comming from, got to look at it from his point of view.
Your and unemployed layabout with no money and no friends and no bike so its expected that you will sniff drain cleaner and examine photographs with a dirty magnifying glass
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 06:31 PM

Making sense..?

Quote:
Originally posted by Tug
I fully understand where wolf boy is comming from, got to look at it from his point of view.
Your and unemployed layabout with no money and no friends and no bike so its expected that you will sniff drain cleaner and examine photographs with a dirty magnifying glass
For starters,....GET A LIFE,.then learn to ride a REAL bike not imaginary,..and not pee wee stuff too boy!!!

Then whatever you write to us will make some sense,...from one who knows and have been there to tell us REAL stories,..about how big yer [email protected]*& and how fast you s#&* and how you get off!!...for now,.you should join Legend's special olympics team. He is in need of moral support and team-mates,...until,...the metamorphosis takes place,...when he is able to then keep pace with the rest of us. Hopefully,..you will too.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 07:36 PM

Re: Oi leave off Wolf Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Tug
examine photographs with a dirty magnifying glass
or do you mean examine dirty photographs with a clean magnifiying glass???

I think Mojo just lost it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode