First accident of the year - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Angry First accident of the year

Well, not to be outdone by Tug having the last accident of 2002, I claim the first of this year. One hour ago I was proceeding gingerly along Stevens Road in the wet when a Pizza Hut scooter pulled out of Fernhill Road into my path. His right met my left, he went down though I kept it upright. No-one injured. His scooter has one more dent; my new race fairing is now very tatty and the left airduct shattered. At least it wasn't my newly repainted original bodywork.

The twat said he saw I was in the left lane so decided to head straight into the right lane.

How does insurance work in Singapore - can I claim off Pizza Hut's insurance and keep my NCB?

1-4 The Road
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 06:34 AM

Extra cheese for me ...thanks

Hey 1-4 glad to see you managed to catch him up and get his details.

I have it on good authority that these Pizza scooters actually don't have any insurance.

I understand anyone who suffers financial loss due to one of these guys is merely offered extra free toppings for a period based on the severity of the accident.

Therefore, would it be too much of an imposition if I ordered my home deliveries through you in future cheers

I trust my advice is useful
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 03:24 PM

Would you like thin & crispy, pan fried or all squashed over to one side of the box thanks to our scooter delivery guy taking a dive on the way over????

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 04:23 PM
Tug

Hard luck 1 for

If your making a third party claim your NCB should be ok. You will probably have to take it to Sing Ming for inspection and then get an estimate from an authorised workshop.

Good luck and mine is a sausage stuffed crust
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 04:30 PM

Re: Hard luck 1 for

Ya poor basterd ..... just as well you kept it up though otherwise you would be even more pissed.

I suggest you forget about the NCB and shite and just go through your insurance co to get it fixed. They will chase up either the other fella, or the other fella's insurance to be reimbursed (provided he has some).

After all ... the whole idea of insurance is to be assured that such incidents won't ruin your day.

Having said that I expect that here, with the typical level of service expected, especially from insurers .... you are basically farked. You will have to fill out reams of forms, your bike will be off the road for months, they will charge you your excess even though it was not your fault ... and you'll lose ALL your NCB unless you point out to the twat that processes it for you, that he has made a mistake.

You gotta love it sometimes !!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 05:23 PM

MY ADVISE ON THIS

Gissa call and I'll talk you through what you should do.

6533 0069

GCW
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 05:32 PM

Re: MY ADVISE ON THIS

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Catt
Gissa call and I'll talk you through what you should do.
GCW
Watch it Flymo, sounds like BC is trying to undercut you on the free toppings deal

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode