If you had it, how would you spend your money ...
Ok, here's the scenario for you bunch a carnts .....
You've got a 2 month old R1, and it should be all you ever need ... but of course, it never is ... so you dream of MV's or 996 SPS's, but in the cold light of day, realise such a change will cost you at least 12 to 19 grand .. and this is just too much for what you get ....
You realise that rather than spending 12 grand, you could spend half of that on your own machine, and just might end up with the best compromise ......(daft twat that you are, you nearly think this will make you happy, but I digress).
So then. You've got 5 grand. How do you spend it ....
What you want is a compromise. You want a bike that will allow you to go a little quicker on the track and you want a bike with a bit of character cause you ride it daily.
1. $800.00. A new helmet ..... why not, it's adds a lot to the whole experience.
2. $300.00 Braided lines and pads for the front.
3. $1500.00 Ohlins shock.
So thats 2,700. You've added a little peace of mind by making the brakes a little better and traction a little better (maybe) and it should be more fun to ride with a fresh helmet. You've still got 2,300 and done nothing to add character.
Which way to you now go.
1. Engine cases $400, Race Fairings and custom paint job (streetable) $1300 and streetable end can $700
2. Engine cases $400, Race Fairings and paint $1300 and floating discs $700
3. Revalve and respring your front fork $700, Full Race Exhaust and Power Commander $1600 (but your screwed if you get stopped on the road).
4. Some gorgious and light Marchisine race spec wheels $ ???
......... alright lads, out with your calculators, off with the pocket protectors ..... one of your club members is in need, and he has no one else to turn to but you lot .... so how would YOU spend 5K if you were face with the above ??