How much for a scruffy 996 .. ?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

How much for a scruffy 996 .. ??

Help me lads. I broke my cardinal rule about riding other twats bikes and through a leg over Chumleys bucket of bolts the other day .......

And I can't stop thinking about it. What a pile of shite it is. Still, I would like one.

So how? ....

To be used primarily on the track but would also have to have the basics for road use .......

Anyone know of a cheap as custard pile of shite out there .....

No need for original fairing etc, any pile of poo would do ... so long as it has lights etc to get through the process of being fit for road use here in S'pore.

What sort of money would I be looking at ??...... ex race bikes that have been thrashed stupid are more than acceptable ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 08:59 PM
Tug

Smile Are you mad ?

Even a brand new one is about as reliable as one of my cheques
And it wouldnt pull you out of bed either

If your looking for a Duc as a decent track bike you would need to be going for a 996 and above or a very trick 916 like Simon's

At the bargain basment level you would be looking at somthing like Ian Morrisons old bike which was a nail before it got run over

Unfinished project in a cardboard box will probaly set you back about 15k.

If your serious talk to Wilson about it.

Why ?????????????

Go get a nice R6 race bike and be done with it

Last edited by Tug; 01-12-2003 at 09:02 PM.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 09:14 PM

What the fark is wrong with yer 02 Yamaha Race Spec with laminated decals, 0.5 more pony power, etc. R1? The one you have been raving on about many hundred threads ago.... lost its fancy on ya eh?

The Duc ain't gonna make ya a better racer.... might just make you look better on photos...

Look at me... running around on a 400cc and still tying to outdo the machine...

Why don't ya wait for the upcoming 03 models like the CBR600 or ZX6 or even the 03 R6..not forgetting the GSXR1000?

Hmm..all this advice from a cant who can't even ride to get to Desaru and back in one piece....

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Re: Are you mad ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Tug
If your serious talk to Wilson about it.

Why ?????????????

Go get a nice R6 race bike and be done with it

I know bro ... I am farkin loosing it !! .....

But I still can't get the bloody noise out of my mind while tootling round the car park.... it really sounded the bollocks .......

I don't plan on getting rid of the R though .... so if I did score one ... what to do with the R .... and justifying two bikes is bloody hard, unless one is for the road and general transport and the other is for stuffing into gravel strewn corners with GAY abondon ....

Fark I'm a cannt ..... I could always save the dosh (which I DON'T have anyway) ... and buy a big fark off pipe from Joe for the R and simply make it sound the nuts ....

Nope ...... in hindsight, I would have to get ride of the R .... owning two bikes is too much ...

Tugstar .... who'd wilson ?
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 09:42 PM

Re: Re: Are you mad ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Legend
and justifying two bikes is bloody hard, unless one is for the road and general transport and the other is for stuffing into gravel strewn corners with GAY abondon ....

Sounds like BC to me.....
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 09:49 PM

Re: How much for a scruffy 996 .. ??

Quote:
And I can't stop thinking about it. What a pile of shite it is. Still, I would like one.
Yeah a raced thrashed and crashed italian twin is just what you need... do you have any idea what this piece of shite would cost you to go half as fast as that Arrr1 you already have???

I've heard a few half witted idea's lately (mostly from Tug) but this one takes the cake Ledge.

(apologies in advance for any poor bastid that owns, has owned, has even vaguely thought about owning one)

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 09:49 PM
Tug

Re: Re: Are you mad ?

Quote:
I know bro ... I am farkin loosing it !! .....

But I still can't get the bloody noise out of my mind while tootling round the car park.... it really sounded the bollocks .......

Tugstar .... who'd wilson ?
Wilson is the Minerva service manager, he could hook you up with some desperado who wants to get his life back and sell his Duc

If money was no object Id have one as well, the last of the 998R's would just about do.

I used to love the sound too but as a I mature and mellow (go deaf) I prefer the sound of a screaming four howling down the straight sounding like stuka dive bomber Stick an Akra on the R1

What about an MV if your looking for tunes the MV has the nicest around and Wilson is selling his.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

I need a home !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tug
What about an MV if your looking for tunes the MV has the nicest around and Wilson is selling his.
Mmmm ..... I have been looking at pics lately .... of just such a lovely .....

Any ideas how much he is asking .... I've seen it in his shop ... lovely ..... now THIS could be the go .... trade in the R ... MV my way to work and back and MV myself round the track in style ..... and never need to try and go any faster ... just look cooler

Funny .... I've never heard one of these things ..... comments anyone .... sound thumpy like a duke ??

Yo .. Gixer Davo ... yer a carnt

Or ....... trade in the R and go for one of these .....
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 10:52 PM

I gotta say i feel a stirrin in me loins staring at that there picture.

With my record, perhaps not the best idea for a track bike though!!
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 11:16 PM
Tug

Re: I need a home !!!

Quote:
Mmmm ..... I have been looking at pics lately .... of just such a lovely .....

Funny .... I've never heard one of these things ..... comments anyone .... sound thumpy like a duke ??

Yo .. Gixer Davo ... yer a carnt

Or ....... trade in the R and go for one of these .....
I dont want to know what sort of pics you have been spurting yer muck over

The MV sounds a close to an F1 car as you can get, lurvley

Dont know about practical every day transport but Simon did ride it back from Puket once
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode