Tale Of Woe With The Fazer . - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Tale Of Woe With The Fazer .

What would you reckon on this tale of woe.

Yday I pick up the Fazer all shiny and new with only 1Km on the odometer.

Joe finally lets me start it up once he's got a signed declaration that I promise no wheelies, tricks, track, circle work, or speed trials.

Anyway so I get to the petrol station to fill it up with its first tank. All well there and 18.24 litres later I pull away from the pump. But noticing that its started to rain I decide to put on my waterproofs (Chiap Lee S$30-00).

I'm asked to move the bike out of the way of the pumps which I do and park it up tidily over to one side. Takes me a minute or so to figure out how the seat comes off to get into the storage compartment where my waterproofs are. All Fine.

Unpack my waterproofs, trousers on, and pullig the jacket over my head I hear this terrible crunch .... Next thing I see is my brand new bike on the fookin ground on its side in front of me. Oh no .....

Damage is a bent clutch lever and a bit of grazing to the LHS headlamp surround but as I get back on I'm naturally gutted. You kind of have a feeling along the lines of "Can't I just rewind the video tape 5 mins and I won't bother with the fuel next time".

So I suppose you can say that "I've knocked the paint off my new toy now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 04:44 PM
Tug

Should have read the handbook

Page 48 line four:
"Please put your brain in gear before screwing around with motorbikes you poof"

and Page 62 line three:
"Always put the side stand down before getting off your bike you knob"

and finnaly the last page last line:
"you should have bought a Gixxer you tosser"

Funny same thing happend to me last time I rode a Fazer, parked it and went for lunch. When I cam back it was lying on its side with its guts hanging out. I believe there is a manufacturing defect on the side stand that causes it to fold up when not properly extended or when a farking big truck runs over it
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 04:54 PM

Unhappy Parking lot mishap

I think I would have actually shed a tear right then and there...

Oh well, will match the rest of the gear in your garage now!!

I can see Joe shaking his head from here.....

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 05:00 PM

Bike was designed to be leaned over not DROPPED..!

All in all,..the Fazer, or Farzer ,"sic,..in the words of Goldmember from an unfortunate smelting accident" was meant to be ridden mostly when keeled over by an over exuberant rider.

Well dropping it over,...kinda overcooked it!...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 05:00 PM

Re: Tale Of Woe With The Fazer .

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Catt

Yday I pick up the Fazer all shiny and new with only 1Km on the odometer.
Fark me .... naturally broness, it goes without saying I am gutted for you .... one of the few good things about shelling out a fortune from a brand new bike ... is that it looks brand new ... !!! .... your on the the otherhand now looks shagged .... but at least we will all be able to recognise it as a BC bike ....

But back to the important bit ..... HOW DID YOU KEEP ALL THIS STUFF ABOUT WANTING AND GOING TO GET A FARKIN FAZER QUIET FOR SO LONG !!!!! ....

Tell us more ya cant ... colour, impressions, stuff !!! ... pics ... planned performance enhancements .... and are you going to take in on the track ??
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Tale Of Woe With The Fazer .

Quote:
Originally posted by Legend
Tell us more ya cant ... colour, impressions, stuff !!! ... pics ... planned performance enhancements .... and are you going to take in on the track ??
None of that boy racer nonsense ... this staying factory stock (except for an Ohlins rear shock and an Akra slip on).

Its me shopping bike cum gentlemens express and I' even gonna put a top box on too, coz its practical.

Thats my list of enhancements and I look forward to receiving the various views from you lot on this .....
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 07:25 PM
Tug

Re: Re: Re: Tale Of Woe With The Fazer .

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Catt
None of that boy racer nonsense ... this staying factory stock (except for an Ohlins rear shock and an Akra slip on).

Its me shopping bike cum gentlemens express and I' even gonna put a top box on too, coz its practical.

Thats my list of enhancements and I look forward to receiving the various views from you lot on this .....
Factory stock appart from Ohlins, Akra, brake lines, 2 up on the rear etc etc etc you poof

I cant wait to see the Top box, are you getting a set of air horns and crash bars too you total poof

Totaly jealous really

I want one with Ohlins forks, R1 engine, 1 down and two up, Brembo discs, Dyamags, MV underseat pipes, gold metal flake paint, lepord skin seat cover, gold anodised knobs and knockers etc A black one would do nicely
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 06:23 AM

Side boxes to serve as crash bungs?

I have seen a couple of Fazers with the side boxes...

I guess it would look a lot nicer than a top box. Might even give you more storage space...

and if the bike decides to fall over again...the side boxes might come in handy for added protection...

Cheers.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 03:07 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tale Of Woe With The Fazer .

Quote:
Originally posted by Tug
Factory stock appart from Ohlins, Akra, brake lines, 2 up on the rear etc etc etc you poof
Would make a hell of a wheelie machine, not sure my licence could stand the pain.

I think I've expressed my thoughts on top boxes, pretty sure Oly's still having his weekly session in an attempt to recover. Practical and Motocycle just don't go together in my small mind.

Side boxes??? Jeeezus your an even bigger poof than BC for mentioning them.... Why not go with one of those knob trailers, long aerials, farking fur seat covers and the whole kit

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tale Of Woe With The Fazer .

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave
It was Oly that changed my mind about top boxes and I really must thank him. Since fitting one to the Gixxer I have found that it is possible to have the words "practical" and "motorcycle" in the same sentence. Mine's colour co-ordinated so you really don't notice it either and its fitted with the optional high level brake lamp for extra safety"
Right Dave,

Thats going straight into Gixxer.com and lets see what they make of it there.

You big poof.
GCW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode