FIM 600 race report please - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Tug

Post FIM 600 race report please

What went down (I hear one of the crazy kwilo's crashed hope he is ok)
Race results, lap times and gossip please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 05:11 PM

Yeh ..... we're all waiting for the thrills and spills.

Where's our roving reporter and why hasn't the report been filed ?!

Jonny, so how ??
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 06:14 PM

Bloody hell that was all a bit farkin serious.

I managed to set a new record for 3 crashes in one weekend including a full superman over the top of Chia Tuck Cheong's stationary bike at T2, end result 2 DNFs, fastest lap 1:10.3.

Chris overcame shockingly homosexual bleached hair to finish 10th in Race 1, 13th in Race 2, fastest lap a disturbing 1:09.5. MSS regular Jeffery Wong traded his usual R1 for a CBR and clocked 13th and 16th.

Lap times ranged from the sublime (1:06.9, Hamaguchi, 2001 Japanese Superbike Champion) to the mere mortal (1:12s, various punters). Scariest fact is Hamaguchi's average lap time over 22 laps was 1:07.2, including negotiating backmarkers. Respect.

Note for potential 600 punters, GSXR600 on stock-ish engine was the class of the field. Sad to report Takeshi Kimura (fully paid up Japanese psycho usually seen in plaster) was riding the sole Team Extreme CBR600, and posted a fastest of 1:08, perhaps we're backing the wrong horse?

All for 200USD including 2 sets of tyres? Can't be bad.

By the way, do any of you lot know what races are planned at JB next year, are you planning to enter?

Merry Xmas, see you next year,
Jonny R.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 06:49 PM

Fark !

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Noluck
.....including a full superman over the top of Chia Tuck Cheong's stationary bike at T2

......fastest lap a disturbing 1:09.5.

.....Scariest fact is Hamaguchi's average lap time over 22 laps was 1:07.2, including negotiating backmarkers. Respect.
Bloody hell Noluck .... and by the sounds of things you managed all this with out hurting yourself ?? .... maybe you could hold a class for us newbies on "How to crash like a pro" .. ??

And Chris posting a 1.09.5 ... he must have been well chuffed .....

Still, like you say .... Hamaguchi doing 1.07 averages .... whoaaaa !!! .....

Finally .... did anyone get a pic of this superman dive of yours ..... you just gotta post that one bro !
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Tug

Thumbs up Rubber bones or what !

Quote:

I managed to set a new record for 3 crashes in one weekend including a full superman over the top of Chia Tuck Cheong's stationary bike at T2, end result 2 DNFs, fastest lap 1:10.3.

Chris overcame shockingly homosexual bleached hair to finish 10th in Race 1, 13th in Race 2, fastest lap a disturbing 1:09.5. MSS regular Jeffery Wong traded his usual R1 for a CBR and clocked 13th and 16th.

Perhaps we're backing the wrong horse?

All for 200USD including 2 sets of tyres? Can't be bad.

By the way, do any of you lot know what races are planned at JB next year, are you planning to enter?

Merry Xmas, see you next year,
Jonny R.
Lucky bastid, normal people would have spent most of the year in hospital after some of your crashes. You on the other hand bounce better than one of my cheques

Wrong horse ? Dont say that you just persuaded Steve into the Gaylord black honda club

JB races are under discussion, the SMSA have agreed to allow Singapore riders onto their own grid in the MSS next year a bit like we did in the begining. Not ideal but its a start, dont know how many will turn out though. I dont know what was decided with Pasir Gudang, Mojo ???

Chris blond hair ? Farking young poofta

Should be a laugh next season, want to organise an unofficial practice session on the half circuit ?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 06:52 PM

Hahahaha

Silver Snot Boy ..... you could do a class .. "How to crash like a poof ..." ... ahahahaaaa
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 09:38 PM

Quote:

I managed to set a new record for 3 crashes in one weekend including a full superman over the top of Chia Tuck Cheong's stationary bike at T2.
Must be a story there worth telling .... I've been at ramming speed myself, but at least the target vehicle was moving ........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode