Race Etiquette ...... please read ! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Race Etiquette ...... please read !

I reakon we gotta have a quiet word to some of the lads in this club ....

When I get tired and sleepy while I'm racing, I just slow down a bit. So far I have not had to go into the pits for a rest during the race, but if ever a time came when I needed to have a sleep, I would go in .... just for a few laps of course.

Anyway, even if members choose not to go to the pits for a rest, and instead decide to have one out on the track ... they could at least choose to park their bikes ..... and themselves ....somewhere that is a little less dangerous.

And another thing ... I wish you lads would use yer farkin side stands. It's making our club look like we are made up of a bunch a rich cants .... the way we get off, drop the bike on it's side, then just farkin lie down in the nicest flattest warmest sun catching bit of race track we can find.

I'm not sure of the wayward members ... but to date I can think of PIA, YP and now BP. Ollie and Trev had the good sense to at least catch some zzz's at the SIDE of the track .... yet they too decided using the sidestand was TOO much effort and choose to park their bikes on their sides .... and on the track.

Actually, thinking about it all, I quite like Silver Shiteboy's approch ..... fall asleep while on the bike but at an appropriately sharp corner. Entry speed with propel you and the bike sufficiently far off the track, and by going gravelly it all aids in a nice comfy place to lye down .... which happens automatically as your front wheel digs in low enough for you to get of via the handlebars...... still, it would mean you would need to engage the side stand while still on the track .... which might be a bit tricky when tired.

Anyway, for all those that are stupid and do not understand any of the above .....the new club rules are these:

1. No more sun bathing on the track during a race
2. No more getting off bikes and walking away, while on the track
3. Sidestands are to be used when you are not on the bike

These will be enforced immediately. Any members found to be acting against these rules, will have their chocolate starfish's looking like puffer fish, thanks to some solid rodgering by Boycie and Legend.

Your considerations are appreciated, ... in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 11:45 PM

If we follow this...

Knowing you Legend, you would probably be the first to break the rules so that you could get a good "rodgering" by Boycie.

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode