Big Phil- Recovery - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Big Phil- Recovery

Phil got back to Singapore last night and was checked in to Glenneagles Hospital around 9pm.

The X-ray at the Putra Jaya hospital showed a broken right Femur(Thigh Bone) and it needed a pin to set it.

Despite the pain he was in, which was considerable, Phil decided not to have the operation in Malaysia, forego strong sedation and painkillers and brave the 5hr+ trip and a transfer in JB to get him back home. (For some strange reason the Malaysian ambulance wont or cant go into Singapore so we had to arrange a transfer to a Singapore ambulance in JB.)

He got some heavy duty painkillers and sedation on arrival I imagine in preperation for his Op which was schedule for 10:30pm that night.

Will be checking up this morning and probably be at the hospital a bit later on with clean undies and his favourite inflatable sheep.

Many thanks to all those who sorted the bikes, leathers and bits and the track and especially 'Lensy' for the support and ferrying around.

Remember Kiddies.......'Just say NO..to Highsides'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 03:05 PM

Nasty

Very sorry to hear this... hope BigPhil is on the mend and doing much better than yesterday.

Pass on my best pls.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 03:13 PM

Get well soon BP

Boycie,

Glad to hear BP back is Singapore, pass on my best wishes for speedy recovery.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 03:33 PM

Boycie ...

Whats the deal on visits bro.

Is he planning on an extended stay in hospital, do we have a room number and floor .... are we allowed to visit ??

Cheers.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 03:37 PM
Tug

Unhappy Why Phil

If I could select a person for this to happen to Big Phil would be at the bottom of my list............well slightly above Lensy and my Mum and my self but appart from that at the bottom ish

Ill drop off his toilet bag and puncture repair kit for "Bessy" this morning and will update you this arvo.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Visits and Stuff

Im going in around 11:30am. I'll find out exactly what the deal is about visits and let you know.

At the moment he's groggy from last nights op which ended at 2:30am so either later today or tomorrow would be a better bet for those that want to go and see him.

I reckon they will only keep him a couple of days but I have no idea at this stage.

Will let you no this avro.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 04:15 PM

Unhappy

Sorry to hear that.
Hope he get well soon
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 04:52 PM

Thumbs up BP

Boycie, best wishes to the big guy, hope to see him up and out again come next year.

By the way

I have the race licenses for Moisty Boycie, Phil and the Leggy Bellend.If you want them urgently give me a call otherwise I will hang on to them for now (There only sliiiiigggghhhtttly wet from the ride home...NOT)
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 05:17 PM

I was really sorry to hear about Phil's crash and misfortune. I can well imagine the pain he was in on the way back as a few years back my daughter broke her leg and we had to ferry her in the car for about 100 km. She also had strong pain killers but for any bump in the road she would cry out loud in pain.

I wish Phil a speedy recovery.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 05:40 PM

Big Phil's location

OK Guys,..

Just managed to call Phil, but his BOSS picked up the phone and told me he is out from op at 0300hrs, and he(Phil) is REALLY PISSED off.

Nevertheless, he is at Rm 848 Gleneagles Hosp.

Will be going there this evening with some Superbike Mags,...

Anyone else going?...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode