Race weekend news hot of the grape vine - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Tug

Post Race weekend news hot of the grape vine

Well its pissing down here,and Im stuck in the office

BC has just been on the blower and is asking if I can bring up an exhaust for him he dropped it exiting the last turn

All is well with the cat and he is confident of kicking Slashers ass once the pipe is replaced, lap times were well fast according to him

Hope it dont keep raining like this or Ill have to sell the Gixxer and invest on a large wooden boat that can accomodate two of every species. It shouldnt be as big as that blerk Noah's effort as we have killed off a lot of stuff since then
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 02:56 AM

Still got the flu...

Sounds like the start of a song, but it doesn't feel much like a song for me. So sorry I can't make it to the grid this time.

Hope you all have fun and get back in one piece.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 04:33 AM

Yah Tuggy, the pissing rain is driving everyone up the wall. I think cobwebs will start growing on our bikes soon. And guess what Met Service says? The next 3 days will contiunue to rain. And.......... the average number of rain days in Decomber is 19!!! Good luck to the spiders.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 02:38 PM

So Noah, how?

Did you really carry an R1 pipe 300k's in your backpack?

How'd the weekends MSSSSSS series end up?
Did Legend finally get his knee down?
Did The Mighty One have a sand free weekend?
Did BC and his new pipe take home the silverwear?

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 03:13 PM

Unhappy Just so's you know........

Hi Dave,

Might be a while till you hear from the others this morning. I'll let them that actually know the in-depth details to fill you in, but I can tell you what I know.

As you know Cat came off on Friday but was absolutely fine, he rode with his exhaust as is. Silva Bullet did a fine impression of a bulldozer in the deepest gravel trap in the world then got off the hard way but was fine too.

But, poor BigPhil came off worst in race 1 He high sided on turn 5 flipping himself and his bike. Phil (I believe) has broken his thigh - I'm not sure of any other personal damage. How he wasn't hit by any other bikes I don't know. Apparently, according to Slasha, there was no flag marshall around warning the other riders that BP and his bike (and the ambulance folk) were taking up two thirds of the track. The bike - well, cracked cam case, hole in the engine cover, squidged master cylinder, fairing pretty knackered. Slasha Junior offered to polish it for BP to make it look better! Ahhh!

It shook everyone up big time.

If you're well enough to get online to read this BigPhil, all the best matey, we hope that you fix up soon and that you can still have a decent Christmas.

Mrs S
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Tug

Thumbs up Slasher takes the silver

Qualfying:
Pole, Tug
Second, Slasher
Third, Blue Cat
Fourth, Lee Ching Hooi

Race 1:
Bodged start from Tug, flying start from DD. After turn one Slasher 1st, Lee 2nd, BC 3rd, DD 4th, Roslan 5th, Tug 6th. Final result, Slasher 1st, Lee 2nd, BC 3rd, Tug 4th, Roslan 5th and DD 6th.

Race 2:
Flying start from BC into 1st, Slasher 2nd, Lee 3rd, Tig 4th, DD 5th. Big out of seat moment droped BC to 3rd, a near miss almost wiped BC and Tug out, Lee took Slasher towards the end due to Slasher missing a gear in to turn one. Final result, !st Lee, 2nd Slasher, 3rd BC, 4th Tug, 5th John, 6th DD ? or Chris ?

Legend probably has a better version
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 04:47 PM

Re: Slasher takes the silver

Quote:
Originally posted by Tug
...Legend probably has a better version
Hahahaha ... yes and no bro. I was watching some of the race footage which I think was courtesy of Mrs S and Mallic. Best bit ... the wheelie you pulled on the start of the second race (I think) ... farkin funny bro ... farkin big too

I finally had a race to be proud of ... two in fact. I got a good start in both races which saw me loose about two places I think, as opposed to the usual 6 !! ... and finally started trying to 'race' .. i.e overtake someone in front of me. I posted a 1min 13.4 in the second race, which again saw me doing faster laps in the race than qualifying .. compared to being about 1.5 seconds SLOWER usually during the races than qualifying. But mostly ..... I only got overtaken by two people this time .... hahaha ...it's the SMALL things that matter lads ...

I had the rear end moving around into turn one, and had the rear wheel pull a small but nice slide into the main straight. I also saw 250kph on the speedo before braking for turn one.

I still ride like a cant though ... with me feet floating about like human flesh frame sliders, I can't even DREAM about doing 1.11's, and still think a braking point is judged by how farkin scared I am at any given moment.....so bring on next year ...

Lads .... lets have your race reports !!

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 05:50 PM

timing

so who did the best time for the race.tug u got a pole pos. wat happen during the race ha.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 08:13 PM

The Balance between Testosterone & Ability!

Congrats to Slasher, worthy champion.

Thought I was gonna be able to challenge him this outing but just wasn't fast enough or consistent enough.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Tug

Re: timing

Quote:
Originally posted by daigo
so who did the best time for the race.tug u got a pole pos. wat happen during the race ha.
All these new names in the forum I wont know who Im slagging off

Best times high 1.09's for all, no idea who got the fastest but it wont have been me

Race was hampered by flu and new brakes that vibrate more than Legends bottom lip after a few pints or while watching ET
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode