I am a fickle minded twat!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 175
I am a fickle minded twat!!

Damn the world of bikes and its wide appeal.... just got myself all confused as to the future of the Wolverine...

Was at Joes today and saw the wide array of Gixxers,R1s,Kawas and Dukes.... a lot of them were your bikes...

Told myself the other day that I would settle for an RVF400 for now till about 2 years time...totally convinced myself..did internet research on it and read excellent reviews about it... started to download pics and picture myself riding it on the road and at PG...got myself all hyped up!!! 400s will be enough for me for now I said.... who needs to have those big ones? Then I went to Joes....

Fark me...all the big ones with Ohlins, Yoshis, Akras, Scrubed tyres, race farings and the works and I started to get worked up. Heard the rumble of a Gixxer with a Yoshi and I just . Got to get meself one of those!!! Fark the 400s... I want a Gixxer 750/1000!! Left Joes after talking to a few lads about how bloody fun the bikes are on track and highways feeling all hyped up about them big ones... Now, I am browsing the net about them Gixxers...

Yup, I am a fickle minded twat who does not know what he wants. Might not even deserve to ride a big one as I have yet to serve my time on the track (wise words of BC on my first track day - "You have to serve your time on the track"). Afraid that I may jump the gun by getting a big one and sending it down to the track before I have served me time...what do yous lot think?

I know I want a big one..it is a matter of when...
Wolverine is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 03:45 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 147
Re: I am a fickle minded twat!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolverine
Damn the world of bikes and its wide appeal.... just got myself all confused as to the future of the Wolverine...

Was at Joes today and saw the wide array of Gixxers,R1s,Kawas and Dukes.... a lot of them were your bikes...

Told myself the other day that I would settle for an RVF400 for now till about 2 years time...totally convinced myself..did internet research on it and read excellent reviews about it... started to download pics and picture myself riding it on the road and at PG...got myself all hyped up!!! 400s will be enough for me for now I said.... who needs to have those big ones? Then I went to Joes....

Fark me...all the big ones with Ohlins, Yoshis, Akras, Scrubed tyres, race farings and the works and I started to get worked up. Heard the rumble of a Gixxer with a Yoshi and I just . Got to get meself one of those!!! Fark the 400s... I want a Gixxer 750/1000!! Left Joes after talking to a few lads about how bloody fun the bikes are on track and highways feeling all hyped up about them big ones... Now, I am browsing the net about them Gixxers...

Yup, I am a fickle minded twat who does not know what he wants. Might not even deserve to ride a big one as I have yet to serve my time on the track (wise words of BC on my first track day - "You have to serve your time on the track"). Afraid that I may jump the gun by getting a big one and sending it down to the track before I have served me time...what do yous lot think?

I know I want a big one..it is a matter of when...
C'mon, a 400cc aint tat bad.....been 5 years, and i havent got sick of a 4.
mospeda is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 04:49 PM
Tug
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,253
Smile Bigger is better, just ask my missus

LensLaBelle wants a bigger one too bike of course

Most riders due to insurance or money constraints have no option to jump straight on the biggest baddest bike available. They are forced to make a progression through 250's, 400's, 600, and eventually 1000's. Not a bad thing in my opinion but who the ferk wants my opinion. If you want a liter bike and can do it financially then why not
Co-incidentally a few of us have been toying with getting 600's, the logic being that it opens more races up to us and the lap times may not suffer much (they could improve on short circuits)
Our problem is we are mostly fat bastids so the weight penalty will be felt more on a 600 than a 1000 (we are giving away 20-30kg to some of the local guys )

If you want a track bike a 2003 R6 will take some beating, if you want a fanny magnet, hairy chested, fire breathing monster, ego supplement get a 1000.
Remember this, what ever bike you buy and however much you spend there will always be some other twat who has spent more and has a more powerful more sexy bike than you. Also remember that no one else is the least bit interested in what you ride, chicks in sports cars don't get a snail trail in their panties when a sweaty blerk on a bike pulls along side at the lights. The only people who are impressed are kids and other bikers, kids have little influence in the big scheme of things so forget impressing them. Other bikers will either hate you for having a better bike than them or hate you for being a squid on a big bike or have a better bike than you and hate you anyway. Buy what you want and ferk everyone else.
Don't lock your self into the biggest repayments that your income will allow, nothing worse than having the dogs bollox sitting outside and no money fer petrol and yer using second hand tyres.
Tug is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 05:38 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 147
Re: Bigger is better, just ask my missus

Quote:
Originally posted by Tug
LensLaBelle wants a bigger one too bike of course

Most riders due to insurance or money constraints have no option to jump straight on the biggest baddest bike available. They are forced to make a progression through 250's, 400's, 600, and eventually 1000's. Not a bad thing in my opinion but who the ferk wants my opinion. If you want a liter bike and can do it financially then why not
Co-incidentally a few of us have been toying with getting 600's, the logic being that it opens more races up to us and the lap times may not suffer much (they could improve on short circuits)
Our problem is we are mostly fat bastids so the weight penalty will be felt more on a 600 than a 1000 (we are giving away 20-30kg to some of the local guys )

If you want a track bike a 2003 R6 will take some beating, if you want a fanny magnet, hairy chested, fire breathing monster, ego supplement get a 1000.
Remember this, what ever bike you buy and however much you spend there will always be some other twat who has spent more and has a more powerful more sexy bike than you. Also remember that no one else is the least bit interested in what you ride, chicks in sports cars don't get a snail trail in their panties when a sweaty blerk on a bike pulls along side at the lights. The only people who are impressed are kids and other bikers, kids have little influence in the big scheme of things so forget impressing them. Other bikers will either hate you for having a better bike than them or hate you for being a squid on a big bike or have a better bike than you and hate you anyway. Buy what you want and ferk everyone else.
Don't lock your self into the biggest repayments that your income will allow, nothing worse than having the dogs bollox sitting outside and no money fer petrol and yer using second hand tyres.

well said....
mospeda is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 175
Tug...

Impressing people was never an issue to me...I think that a yellow Proton Wira is the ultimate car for me and I think the RXK is the most happening commuter bike around...in short, fark people and impressions...

My question now is this...you mentioned weight....I weigh a good 67kgs and am 1.8m tall...will such a weight and height(in terms of handling for height)affect the performance of a 600? Is my weight good for a 600? Do 600s necessarily lose out on the track? Or is the 750 the good balance for handling and straights?

03 R6 taking a beating? What do ya mean?

I know I sound like a twat with really dumb questions...it is just that I hope to find a bike that I will enjoy riding and improve at it rather than fight with it everytime I sit on it...something within my limitations....is this a correct mindset by the way?

Thks mates...cheers.
Wolverine is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 09:40 PM
Tug
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,253
Talking Re: Tug...

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolverine


I know I sound like a twat with really dumb questions...
Got that right
Tug is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 10:27 PM
Tug
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,253
But...

My question now is this...you mentioned weight....I weigh a good 67kgs and am 1.8m tall...will such a weight and height(in terms of handling for height)affect the performance of a 600? Is my weight good for a 600? Do 600s necessarily lose out on the track? Or is the 750 the good balance for handling and straights?

You skinny bastid, your probably 30kg lighter than Slasher
If you were any lighter you wouldnt be able to stand up with out walking sticks so riding any bike would be a no no. A 600 would be fine, I believe that the factorys build bike suspension with your weight in mind.


03 R6 taking a beating? What do ya mean?
LMAO I said An R6 would take some beating, meaning that it would be difficult to beat you moron

something within my limitations....is this a correct mindset by the way?
The question your asking is "would I kill my self on a R1 or a Gixxer 1000 ?" Probably Kidding
I think your asking will a litre bike be too much for me ?probably Not kidding If you treat it with respect you will probably get away with it.
Will you ever use all of its power ? Probaly not.
Will it scare the shit out of you ? Probably.
Id go 2003 Yamaha R6 or wait till the Kawasaki ZX6-RR comes It will still scare the shit out of you and will probably be as quick if not quicker round a race track. The 750 class is dead, not as light as a 600 and not as powerfull as a 1000 its the worst of both worlds. Gixxer 750's are good bikes but dont make any sence any more.
Tug is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 175
Smile

Thks for the info....

But from what I recall...the ZX6 is actually 636cc...which eliminates its capabilites from being in the 600 class races...... when we talk about FIM 600cc for e.g.

The twat strikes again with his dumbass questions!!!
Wolverine is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 10:43 PM
Tug
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,253
So now yer gonna race in the FIM 600

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolverine
Thks for the info....

But from what I recall...the ZX6 is actually 636cc...which eliminates its capabilites from being in the 600 class races...... when we talk about FIM 600cc for e.g.

The twat strikes again with his dumbass questions!!!
Excuse me, I thought we were discussing the possability of you staying alive on a bigger bike not discussing your future race career

I dun know the rules fer the FIM 600 and dont know the capacity of any bike, try Jonhnynoluck
Tug is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 175
Talking Planning the future....

I have big plans for the Wolverine...Asian FIM for about two seasons followed by MotoGP and then SBK...

Wanna be my engineer? Or you could put on your missy's tight top and shorts and be my brolliebabe...juz shave the legs and grow some hair....

By the way...I juz found out that the ZX6RR is 599cc fuel injected and the 636 is the ZX636 Uk thingy or something like that....

Last edited by Wolverine; 12-12-2002 at 12:01 AM.
Wolverine is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome