Ahhhh, ladies of the forum..... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Question Ahhhh, ladies of the forum.....

A public holiday - what to do? I wonder.

Do we all suffer from the same afflictions?

I could watch himself polish Pasir Gudang off his beloved, or perhaps help give her an oil change - properly. Hey I could always coo and admire the various photographs of ' must haves' and potential beloveds.

I know, I will sit and listen to the old geezerblurk extolling the virtues of ported heads, Yoshi cans and Brembo brakes (see we do listen - sometimes), yes this is just waht I have looked forward to. Sod the spas and the magnetic and magical pull of Orchard Road - I know where my priorities lie. Yeah right.

Mrs S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 07:54 AM

Angry I should be so lucky!!!

Yes, it is terrible... I know and feel (read) your anguish, and I also know that Elaine feels the same sometimes (always).

However, find it a bit hard to sympathize when I'm sitting in the office at 12.45am and trading a vessel with a jerk in Europe. I probably won’t be able to take a holiday tomorrow as 2 of my colleagues are on vacation. Oh, make that 3 because another guy decided to make a business trip in combination with the holiday.

Elaine has gone off to a party and is pissed off at me for not "being there". She is probably right, but if I was in your position I would be happy that my guy even had a holiday...

Yes, I'm really pissed at this Caaant in Europe
Anyway, it is all a part of the job as they say.

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 02:22 PM

Do you take this man (and his machine)

Dear Mrs S,

As a typical male reader of your insightful and informed articles, I am confused and ask for your help?

1. Why don't the ladies (your words) love bikes as much as us fella's. I mean the sweat, the muscles, the bravardo (Ok stupidity?) must be near irresistible?

2. I mean those sweet hearts that hold the umbrella's for their GP husbands, they do it for the love of it right?

3. How is a morning of browsing your local Jag or Victoria Secret store any better than 3hrs talking brakes and tires with the spares guy down the bike shop??? I just don't get it?

Looking forward to your reply,
Confused

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy

Silva - Sorry mate didn't mean to rub it in

Dave - Don't get me wrong I love the racing and am behind him all the way (not literally) - you may even see photos of us being brollybabes one day!

Why don't we love the bikes as much - they're only smelly fly swats made of metal and plastic anyway, aren't they?

Anyway - what the bloody hell is a Jag?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 03:22 PM

The rag trade

Quote:
Originally posted by Slasher & Co
Anyway - what the bloody hell is a Jag?
I have no idea, but it's listed on our Amex bill as 'clothes' for hundreds of dollars every month???

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 11:44 PM

oh shite ....

I saw the lovely lensie out on the town last night and she was looking EXTREAMLY hot ..... which got me all worked up ... and now reading this .... the idea of Mrs S in a brolliebabe outfill ...

fark it ... just shot my load all over the keyboard ....
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Slasher & Co
Silva - Sorry mate didn't mean to rub it in
I was farkin' mad at this guy. Good thing is these things passes away, and btw next weekend is the last race of the season. It's so close.....

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 04:02 PM
Tug

Smile I know how you feel

Kindred spirits you and I Mrs. Slasher, I know I should be interested in my partners interest. I do try but when she goes on an on about rotating masses, torque curves, highspeed damping a gear ratios my eyes glaze over. What the ferk is she talking about, I though a rotating mass was a fat burd with a hula hoop
We should get together in the sauna and talk technical, you sound like you have picked up all the jargon. I know Lens will be tinkering with her chain this arvo so grab yer bikini and we can talk nuts and bolts in the plunge pool.

PS can you bring that recipe you were telling me about for Dutch apple flan
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Oh, I am interested in his interesting interests, I'm just surrounded by it, magazines, bikes, kids with bikes, tools. I'll bring you back some photos of the motorbikes I have in my dining room and study in the UK. Hey - who the bloody ell do you think was the grease monkey before Malek got the job?

I think Lensie's got the right idea, I reckon if I can't beat em maybe I should join em - can you get pink R1's?

Mrs S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode