MSS next year - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Tug

MSS next year

What format would you favor for next years MSS ?

We will be putting our suggestions to the organisers at the next race and we should give some thought to what we really want.

I would favor two grids, one so called expert and one novice. Entry into the grids would be based on results from previous races.

What about regs ? I'm not in favor of enforcing any regs other than safety related ones.

Post your suggestions so we can get a feel for general direction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 05:55 PM

SATURDAY NIGHT

Jeff has agreed to join us for drinks and dinner on Saturday night to get the groups input on where to go with the MSS next year.

I think we should pass the hat around and come up with something to present to Jeff in appreciation of the work he has done on our behalf throughout this season.

What say anyone.....

GCW
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 06:01 PM

mmmh 2 grids

From a safety point of view ...good idea.
But i reckon you're going to pushed for numbers and you'll end up like the JS with everybody, big bikes, small bike and all skill levels on one grid.

I also think the Malaysian and Singapore riders concept should go.
It's the MSS and you take part or you don't.
Provided we can find a way to get dates and contact people information made public it's then up to the individual to enter. This would take some of the hassle off the shoulders of the guys currently running around for SBR. ..It's worked for years with the JS.

At this level of club racing there are allways going to be fast guys and slow ones ( like all racing) so i think splitting up into groups will just reduce the numbers by making taking part even more complicated. Not to mention the extra hassle for the organisers
And then there's allways the "who should be in which group" which allways ends in tears.
Everybody that takes part gives up his free time and money to enjoy and support an event. If the GP guys can put up with back markers then so should we all. ( i shoudl be so lucky)

I think the focus should be on track safety and do's and dont's.
If possible try and organise more track orientation days to increase the numbers.

Just my rant.

Cheers

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 06:18 PM

MAJOR OBJECTIVE

The first and most fundamental of all the objectives for next year is to ensure that both SMSA and AAM license holders can be accomodated.

Remember that it was as a result of a general lack of enthusiasm and co-operation from the SMSA that we had to stage a mass exodus in the first place.

We are also looking for a meeting with the SMSA (any word on this Mojo) to try to build a better relationship heading forward into 2003.

Last edited by Blue Catt; 11-26-2002 at 06:46 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 07:53 PM

My intelliegent input ...

How the fark do you spell intelliegent ??

Who the fark in this Jeff cant ... and what's he been doin for me without my knowledge(end) ... get it ... know legend .. arrrfuff

And ....I think we should have half the grid go clockwise (fast guys) and the other half go the other way (slow guys). This way the overtaking will happen much quicker ... and therefore safer ....

Ride Safe: ..... i.e sit on it but don't turn the key
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Tug

Talking I thought thats what you were doing already

Another legendary post Dave, work has been boring without you Ya muppet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode