The SBR 'Playstation 2" MotoGP Championship .... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

The SBR 'Playstation 2' MotoGP Championship ....

Ok, here's what we have got .....

1. I've got a PS2, with the MotoGP2 game, and it rocks, the replays are just as good as the game play. It's REALLY starts to rock ... when you play 2 player, head to head racing ... and you can choose to be .... Kevin Shwantz.

2. If we sort out an over head projector, or a big screen like at Molly's ... we are halfway there....

3. And to get all the way home, all we need now is a show of hands to see who is keen.

Basically the idea goes something like this ... we sort out a place ... like Molly's, or even something like what we had at Nil's BBQ, have a sting of competitors go head to head ... figure out an elimination system .... and get pissed on beer and pizza or summut in the process.

If we have enough people, and given replys etc, we could easily stretch this to a half day affair, so it would be a weekend probably.

So then, lets be having ya !!! ... please reply with suitable comments, to this post..

Cheers.

Last edited by Legend; 11-17-2002 at 09:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 06:28 AM

LEGEND me old son

you really do need to get out more!

On the other hand it is nearly Christmas ...the time of mass scaletrix days and beer ...til the beer or the brushes run out.

CHeers
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 04:32 PM
Tug

December 6th is a holiday

Im up for an armchair racing day/all day drinking session.

Phil do you really have a scaletrix ? If not we could blow the club funds on a massive layout covering the whole upper floor of Molly's

If PG was open we could start the day there.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 05:42 PM

PS2 racing

If need be, we could do it at my place again.
However, no BBQ! Only the function room this time!! Of course, need someone to come with a projector.

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 06:00 PM

Legend ..look what youve started.

Legend...your village just called! they want their idiot back.

Tug: wish i still had the scaletrix. Got lost in a fire. Somethin about tri chlorethyelene, brake fluid and GUNK ( best degreaser known to man) not mixing well. At least thats what the fireman said. Oooops
Well up for the long term investment of club funds...... and for all you tossers takin the piss. Seen it before. laugh and then sit there for 4 hours screamin at a little plastic car.
It's was a Christams tradition for years.
Venue is fine at mine. Ground floor apartment with terrace for the BBQ and easy to clear furnature on a marble floor. and the Madam is in the states till Dec 20th.
>>>>Looks like trouble's a brewin!!!!!!!!

Cheers
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 07:17 PM

Thumbs up Scalextric

Looks like I am yer man...

Last year in a spate of re-discovering my childhood, I bought a brand spanking new scalextric set, (even before I found out Mrs Chum was up the duff! - An excuse to buy a load more track if ever I heard one!), oh and a Ducati 916. I would be more than happy to hook up with Ledge for a PS2-scalextric GP challenge!

So come on ledge, let's keep big phil interested and boogy til we are out of beer and brushes (them things on the bottom of the 'leccy cars)

One proviso.. All racing must take place with helmets on so we don't get nicked for drink driving/riding!!!
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 08:15 PM
Tug

Smile I knew one of us would have a set

Well done Chumly, how much track and how many cars do you have ? Dun tell me its a stock bog standard figure of eight
Ill talk Molly's into holding the first Singapore scalextric GP, they might even stump up for some extra track and prizes.
The other room can hold the PS2 championships, we can have the drinking competition downstairs and the grown men crying comp in the bogs (Legend is sure to win that one )

6th December sound sutable ? Who is in ?
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 08:21 PM

have to check

Tug, I'm disgusted...

Mate, I wouldn't have bought the figure of eight if you had paid me to. I am a bloke, and like all blokes, I am a toy/gadget man. Plenty of track, and about 6 cars (I think)

Bring it on.. You bring the pistols and I'll bring the elephantgun. Jordan's benettons, McLarens etc.. Got them here..

Only thing is that I am in Tokyo on 6th....
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Right hoow hoow hoow .. arrrruufff

Ok lads ..... here's the numbers so far:

Big Phil
Me
Tugsta
Chumley
Nils

And without putting too fine a point on it, Big Phil is a farkin Oracle cause I would put money on how much fun such an afternoon/ evening will attract. In essence we are a bunch a small kids that only ride bikes on tracks cause it's the nearest we can get to the dream of being able to farkin fly ...... shite some of us like Red Penis and Silva Boy have been practicing 'landings' .. arrruff!!

So ... ger off yer arses and lets be having some more responses.

Ok ... so it's sort of coming together .... and it's starting to look like this .....

There will be two 'events'. The 'SBR MotoGP 2002 Championship', and the 'SBR Scalectric 2002 Demolition Derby' (joke joke .. arrf).

I'll run and judge the MotoGP, Chumley bro, you are in charge of the Derby. Are the contenders allowed to bring there own cars ??

Rules, so far, are simple.

1. No kids ... unless they are over 30. Sorry, but there will be excessive amounts of swearing involved and kids have a way of being FAR too good at this shite and will win by default.
2. Chicks will be tollerated, however they must P A R T I C I P A T E .... sitting in a corner, talking about girly shite will not be acceptable .. unless you get yerselves excessively shite faced and by default will be entering into the 'SBR Women's Lovely Titties Comp 2002' .... um, I can judge this one too lads ....
(yes wiffy, I will make sure you win).

Bloody good show Tugsta if you could sort sommut with Mollies. It would be a great place for it all, .... beer handy ... food 'on tap' arf arf.

Could we do it in a weekend at Mollies rather than an evening ?? .... these things have a tendancy to last for farkin hours ... and what's everyone's thoughts of a PG session first ?? .... the shower, shite etc and be set to start about 2ish ??

Last edited by Legend; 11-18-2002 at 08:47 PM.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 08:39 PM
Tug

Re: have to check

Quote:
Originally posted by Chumley

Only thing is that I am in Tokyo on 6th....
Since you are supplying the equiptment it would only be fair if the date fits your diary, when are you in Singapore ? How about a Saturday arvo session ? I have contacted Molly's to see if they want to host and sponsor the first Singapore Scaletrix GP, once they have stoped laughing Ill expect their regection

Forget the PG session as most of us cant afford it, if we could we wouldnt be playing with toy cars would we ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode