PG is the bo&^%cks - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

PG is the bo&^%cks

Legend 1 lives on .

and it flew past legend 2. Great bike can't imagine why he got rid of it. Or did he know about the oil seal. Lucky it blew on the last lap. Oil on tyre ...yippee ..stepped out big time. The only thing more scary was the bloke on the beemer battleship.

Nah Legend mate, dunna worry. Just one of those things. Thanks for helpin out with the temp fix. Got the new seal sorted already.

Hope to see more of the SBR crew next time it's open.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 06:00 PM

True true ....

"Why legend got rid of it ....." ... I was wondering exactly the same thing at various moments over the course of the day ... like on the way to the track for example... you had her all nice and sorted, suspensions sweet, and polished .. lovely ... not to mention those farkin fab leathers and helmet mate ... if I wasn't a married man I would have been humpin yer big-phil leg !!

Other moments .... when you came stormin past ....

Just glad she's in good hands mate and chuffed your happy with it. Damn shame about the seal ... but then she's not used to being riden with vigour ... hahaha.

I for one am keen to get there a LOT more often. Sure, it ain'e Sepang, not Shag a Calf ... but it's bloody close, and after talking to Joe and Mojo at the motorshow, I've come to believe that getting that track 'sorted' could do wonders for times at Sepang.

Cheers Big Phil and Moisty Boycie for the directions and the company .. hope your back are better lads ... and cheers for the info Seven. I'll make a point of posting when the next track session for Sepang is ... and if you could let us know the next time PG is a go that would be brilliant.

And ... wtf where the other 'yes I'll be there' crowd ?? ... tossas

Last edited by Legend; 11-17-2002 at 06:05 PM.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 06:32 PM

Who was blowing the seal??? I haven't heard or seen much on Pasir Gudang, so what's it like then?? Anything like Shah Alam??

How about posting a pic or two of the new girl then BigPhil, you know what I'm like with the pictures....

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Pics soon

Hi Dave,
I'll do some pics soon, maybe this evening. Wanna do a before and after session ( no not crashing)
Legend took real good care of her so i'm planning some race farings etc.

I haven;t ridden Sha Alam or Sepang. Driven Sepang at the opening and it's fast. Not really a bike circuit as the speed make the consequences of crashin quite heavy. It is nice and wide though.
PG is a bike circuit for sure. Loadsa height variation around the circuit. nice spread of fast and slow corners.
Only real problem is that when it rains a couple of rivers appear across the track and a 4 inch deep puddle at the appex of turn 4.

The GP was held there in 97 or 98. ( When Abe went into the gravel and caught fire)
One of the computer games ( Moto Gp) even has it as a circuit option and the likeness to the real thing is uncanny. I'll see if i can find it for ya.
Think legend has some on board footage!!! Legend ??????

See the Rugby Dave ?????
Swing low sweet chariot..... comin for to carry me home.............................................. ........................................

Cheers

Last edited by bigphil; 11-17-2002 at 08:47 PM.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Heh! Legend

Looks like i'm going to help Silver out with his suspension so if yer up for it we could meet at mine and have a bash at yours. You dont sound too confident with Legend 2.
I'm sure we can get rid of that wallowing.

Cant believe Boycie is still on standard settings. whatever they are. Too bloody quick by far that boy. Mind you, we all are before our first crash. Top marks for keepin the shiney side up.

I have been attacked by the sensible fairies and have never been so slow. But on the other hand relaxing and being smooth does feel kinda neat and carefull. Shit what happened!!!!

Let me know if you wanna meet...beer, pizza and bikes. I'm sure you can drag yopurself away from Channel 5 for one night! I know "Under one roof " is hard to miss as you lose the story line quite quickly!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 09:13 PM

Re: Heh! Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphil
......Let me know if you wanna meet...beer, pizza and bikes. I'm sure you can drag yopurself away from Channel 5 for one night! I know "Under one roof " is hard to miss as you lose the story line quite quickly!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
Fark me .... you've only had the bike a week or sumut and your are already exhibiting true signs of LEGENDNESS .....

In fact, such is the magnitute my friend, I dare say the bike can not take the credit ..... you must therefore be one of those rare breeds ... a 'closet legend' ... farkin brilliant !! .... arf arf arf.

I would bloody love to have a wee fiddle of the shiny bits on the bike. In fact I've spent most of my day so far scanning the web for setting suggestions and dreaming of getting back to PG .. and your also one of those rare types that I'd be included to listen too .... not one of those magazine storage vault we were talking about.

Just name a time and place bro, and the sooner the better .... I feel like having a go already and I've been giving me number plate holder a few sideways glances !! ..

P.S ... did you see the post by Seven about the seat cowl AND replacement fairing ??

P.P.S ... much as I hate to say it, but your not wrong about Boycie, he sure makes that machine hum, and is proof that a stock standard bike can really boggie .... even on standard bloody settings .... I'm just glad the cant is thinking of changing his can ... and I can then feel better about going so much slower .. arf arf

P.P.P.S davo ... check this site ... it's a lad on an Aprilia 125 giving a blow by blow account of the PG track ..... I think I've figured out why I'm going so slow ... I need to sell my R1 and get a 125 ... arf arf ..(opps, forgot to put the like in, here it is: http://members.tripod.com/~jmbayle/johor.html
)

P.P.P.P.S I hate farkin Mondays, but thank fark I get to spend them with me ... I frankly don't know what I would do without myself and have no idea how all you other tossa's in the world get by when I'm not around .... amasing really.

Last edited by Legend; 11-17-2002 at 09:48 PM.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 09:43 PM

The reason I ask about the track is that I'm a bit of a track collector, I'm going for my 10th the weekend after this.... So if the GP's of 97 & 98 were at PG, when was it at Shah Alam??

I would love to see some onboard footage and Ledge I don't see no stinkin site for the track description???? Re post the link!!!!

The rugby was a joke Phil and you know it, you will get yours come World Cup this time next year.... already got me tickets!!!

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Last edited by Gixxer_Dave; 11-17-2002 at 09:48 PM.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 09:53 PM

Stock Suspension is Lovely Jubbly (mostly)

Silva

Stock suspension set to Performance Bikes recommendations and you've got a ridable and stable track bike. Grampa Graham approved, suspension and all. A couple of months before I flogged it to ya he rode it out of shear curiosity and i timed him at 1:46 round PG after just three laps getting used to it and he wasnt pushing it for fear of the bill should he dump it.

Auntie Phil knows what he's doing so I shan't interefere...much.

The only thing I'll say is for our level of riding the front forks are fine. You may want to do the seals, since they're leaking...doh and change the fork oil to something a bit firmer but aside from that its fine. The way you had them dialled in last time suggest you had too much preload on the front.

Where the R6 has a more addressable problem is the rear. Its preload is wound up to nearly maximum along with the damping and its just about acceptable. I would be spending time and money there if she were still my baby.

Legend

Front
Stocks great, perhaps one ring in preload front and up the damping both ways 1-2 clicks.

Rear
Your arse is to fat and ugly for any setting to work better than it is now.

It doesnt handle cos its red, it's the factory tea trolley spec and you're on it!

Thats me finished in show business....
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 10:19 PM

Re: Stock Suspension is Lovely Jubbly (mostly)

Quote:
Originally posted by Boycie
.....Thats me finished in show business....
Yup ...

Time to start on your singing career.

Big Phil .... you got a large pair of vice grips we can use to brake Boycies typing fingers ??

Slasha, you free sometime this week to do the business on him.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 10:24 PM

Ride em hard

I've never fiddled with the knobs and dials for fear of spilling the bitches guts......

Are there recommended settings for "extra fat" .... ????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode