Need Video Camera remote lens .. Tug .. Mojo .. ?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Need Video Camera remote lens .. Tug .. Mojo .. ??

Mojo-bro, went to funan the other day .. couldn't findany shops that had what I wanted ... but then, it's always easier to say 'don't have' for a shop keeper .. compared to 'WTF are you talking about you weirdo' !! ..

So, can you lads help with :

1. The name of what I am after ... something like a CTDV lens ??
2. A shop name and location ??

Cheers laddies !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 10:59 PM

CCTV Camera

Legend,

Guess you must be talking about a CCTV somewhat like what I have installed in my bike.

You should be able to find these at Sim Lim Square 2nd floor where there is a shop selling nothing but CCTV equipment.

The one that I picked up is from People's Park Centre ground Floor where they sell TV and Stereo equipment.

Cost is bearable at approx. SG$80 for color.

Call me at 96898903 and I can try to fill you in with the details.

BTW who is tweety?....is he babyface B?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 11:33 PM

Thumbs up Re: Tweety

Quote:
Originally posted by m0j0
BTW who is tweety?....is he babyface B?
Yup, right you are!

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2002, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Mate ... you a legend too !!

Thanks Mojo .. I'll get meself down to one of the places sometime on Thursday ....

Expect a call if I get lost .. which is a common occurance for me ...

P.S .. one quicky. I understand the lens needs power, and you are running this from your battery .. therefore it needs 12 volts ... if you want to use this on your camera when not on your bike, how do you supply it with power ??

P.P.S ... the lens comes with the cable to connect to your video ?? ... and are you using the S-video or i-1394 firewire ??

P.P.P.S ... I know you told me to call you .. but I'm a cant
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2002, 04:24 PM

Re: Mate ... you a legend too !!

P.S .. one quicky. I understand the lens needs power, and you are running this from your battery .. therefore it needs 12 volts ... if you want to use this on your camera when not on your bike, how do you supply it with power ??

"The kit comes with a power adapter via one of the 3 RCA jacks. This will be the power input jack, which the supplied AC 230V power adapter will convert to 12V DC.

For hook-up on the bike DC power supply, you will need to procure another RCA male jack that will end up with 2 wires, of which you connect them to the +ve and -ve of yer bike battery."

P.P.S ... the lens comes with the cable to connect to your video ?? ... and are you using the S-video or i-1394 firewire ??

Conection to your video cam is via the RCA jacks. S-Video does not provide sound/audio. It for video signals only. Fire-wire,..?...you are paying peanuts for the camera,.are you expecting top-of-the-line stuff?..

P.P.P.S ... I know you told me to call you .. but I'm a

cant [/B][/QUOTE]

Right you are CANT!....Legend,..Hmmmm?...maybe not. Let me run circles round you at the next track day,..or MSS,.if/when we get the chance to park ourselves at the grid.

:
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2002, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

:-)

Cheers bro ..

I have no idea what you are talking about .. but I will memorise all the above and amaze the staff at the store when I go to get me camera ..!!

As for running rings around me ... I hope it all happens soon mate, the pit just ain't the same without your cool calm persona ...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 03:48 PM

Wink

Hey Boyz,

I have to see what sort of set-up you guys have 'cause I may be interested in something similar.

Any chance of seeing a few videos Mojo? I missed your party last time...and am itching to see some of the footage. What's the quality of the footage like.

One other thing, have you ever thought of facing the camera backwards like they do in the MotoGp, that should make for some intersting footage.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode