Whoa .. I'm a farkin Singaporean .. yup .. got me a 2003 R1 !! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 04:57 AM Thread Starter

Whoa .. I'm a farkin Singaporean .. yup .. got me a 2003 R1 !!

Thats right lads ... I've UPGRADED ...

Pity I can't do the same with the grey matter ... but no worries !!!

Ok, so I've done 22 k's, and taken about farkin 50 photos .... so in true Legend stylee .. I am now an expert on the difference between an 01 R1 and an 03 R1 ... so read on ...

Basically me old bike had done 27,000 k's, and was running on shagged to bits tires having done two races on them ( and by fark I was going fast !!!) .. as well as some off road time trials (gravel crossings).

So ... it's a little farkin daft to think a comparison is fair .... but thats life right !! ... I'm sure the 45 yo lass is lovely and nice but the fact is a tight young glowing 22 yo is going to get the nod everytime ... life ... it's a cant !! ...

So then, firstly .... it is a smooth as be arse once I've shaved it !!! .... the fuel inj is farkin lovely, and the transition form no gas to gas is much better than me oldy ...

It turns like a white fella does when he first gets here and walks down Orchard road at night, and thats considering i had me steering damper off of me old bike already.

This bike NEEDS a steering damper, if only to give you peace of mine ... (Gareth, sorry bro, it looks like me old one will fit the new bike so cannee part with it .... the exhaust is off though and at Joes for ya ... I've got yer shock with me and I'll drop it at Joes on Friday ..).

The dash is L O V E L Y, and the screen and front lights are both different ... and with a double bubble the front gets a little dukish from the drivers view .... nice.

Oh, I also got to ride me old bike fitted with the standard shock, after having the Ohlins removed .. and YES, a BIG difference ..

Anyone got an Ohlins shock for a 2002/03 R1 they wanns sell of cheap ??

Oh, talking about cheap .. I got some bits for anyone who is keen for the 00-02 R1 ... me double bubble screen and headlight protector ... both of which are good for about 5 seconds a lap round Sepang .. honest hahahaha..

Oh, double oh, no .... at the moment the pack rack is NOT for sale, I just might be able to shoe horn this onto the back of the new bike ... i'll keep ya all posted ...

P.S .. the latest news .... rumour in the paddock is The Slasha was seen getting serious about the idea of a 998R ... !!! ... whoa lads, the idea of him punting that round Supang ... now THAT would be something I would PAY to watch ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 03:53 PM
Tug

Thumbs up Congrats on the new bike

I cant think of anyone who will put its capabilities to less use

If you fit the luggage rack to that lurvly piece of kit Ill have to send Big Phill round to remove it from the bike and insert it sidways up yer back passage

Are you really gonna race (I use the word race loosly in your case but with only 5 bikes on the grid your almost sure of a trophy) on the new scoot this weekend ?

When are we gonna see pics of the bike with Brolly Dolly draped over it, flaps out optional

Last edited by Tug; 10-29-2002 at 03:55 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 04:13 PM

Yep count me in

I'm up for the rack insertion.

Think of all the nips spendin all that time making the areo dynamics on that thing, not to mention the way it looks. I mean the only thing wrong with it is the bloody awful rear light. And you're gonna wang a rack on it.
Ok it might be useful but come on it makes it look like summat from Toys R Us.

Legend ..gimme the low down on yer old un. I might go and make Harry even happier. Quite fancy an R1.
Whats the deal with all the parts off for Gareth.
Dont mind if anythings shagged as long as i know about it.

Cheers

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 04:14 PM

Re: Congrats on the new bike

Quote:
Originally posted by Tug
Are you really gonna race on the new scoot this weekend ?
Sounds like she is going to be run in the hard way???

Quote:
When are we gonna see pics of the bike with Brolly Dolly draped over it, flaps out optional
Here, here, lets see some pics Legend Boy

Forget the luggage rack too...

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 05:12 PM

I put my order in for a rack

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphil
I'm up for the rack insertion.

Think of all the nips spendin all that time making the areo dynamics on that thing, not to mention the way it looks. I mean the only thing wrong with it is the bloody awful rear light. And you're gonna wang a rack on it.
Ok it might be useful but come on it makes it look like summat from Toys R Us.

Cheers

Cmon, there's nothing wrong with a rack, i've put my order in. The missus wont go on the bike unless she's got something to hold on to and I'm not too happy about her curshing me tender bits when I break either.

So the rack is going on the bike!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 10:05 PM

Running it in...

Anyone know where I can get a tank bag, and full panniers for me 996? Seems like luggage racks are all the rage, and I'll need a tank bag to mark out the gravel traps on me map of Sepang...

Legend.. Don't forget that as Tug mentioned, the best way to run in a bike is to ride it as if you had nicked it
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 10:33 PM

Smile Nice..nice...

From the mouth of a true blue Singaporean...you are Kiasu!!

It means everything cannot lose...always must be the best!!!

Slowly turning into a Singaporean....change the use of 'mate' to 'brudder' or 'kakia'

'Cant' should be changed to 'Chee Bye' - means the same thing.

By the way..is it the black and silver, red or white or the butt ugly one with the flames at the side of the fairing?

Cheers...

Wolverine
your next door Singapore Dictionary for Profanities
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode