Thank You Garreth & Graeme + All Who Arranged For Sepang Racing !!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Thank You Garreth & Graeme + All Who Arranged For Sepang Racing !!!

I have finally managed to get my arse over onto this forum.

Would like one of the first things I put her to be a very respectful expression of gratitude to the people who have worked very hard to make our racing at Sepang happen.

If it had not been for these people taking the initiative, I for one would never have been able to fulfill one of my longstanding dreams. That dream was not only to be racing with the big guys, it was also the mere chance of being able to go on a race track and get my knee down.

Having said all that, I should have a grudge against said people for making me endeavor on a track that has led me to spend fist-fulls of money. However, I cannot because when I see how dedicated they are to this (and how much money they put down themselves), I am very happy to be able to just hang on for the ride.

Thank you!

Bullet
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of many—and solution to—all life's problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 04:54 PM

Good on ya lad !!

True bloody true. I was thinking along the same lines on the ride to work this morning.

It's just hard to express the true magniture of appreciation .. to these two in particular .. cause they are always such cants ... but I would suggest a beer or six in their direction at the next Molly's slosh up would be in order troups ?

Oi Silva ... what's all this shite about you "racing" ... I've seen you on the track bro ... is THAT what you call it ?? ... and here I was thinking you were just joining in to give us "Legend" types some mobile obstacles to go round ... arf arf arf !!

Last edited by Legend; 10-21-2002 at 05:12 PM.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 05:21 PM

I was having the same thoughts last night as I dragged the pegs of Bob's R1 around Marina South........

........great effort by BC and Tug without them none of this would have happened............

I am happy to pay for BC's beers at Molly's next time we all meet.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 05:35 PM

Got to agree

How the F these guys hold down a job, maintain a relationship and organise a support race at Asia's top motorsport event is beyond me. Not to mention having to deal with members of organisations who you'd like to strangle with their own red tape.

And while I'm on me soap box. I noticed that some people were taking them for granted and expected to be nursed all the time.
Come on boys, yer all big boys or you woudln't be here in the first place. They are making things happen under circumstances where, i for one, would have lost the plot and thumped somebody ages ago.

Here endeth the moan for today.

A club is only as good as "all" it's members.

Talking of which...i haven't heard a word out of the new VP.
Probably got his finger stuck in a flat slide carb!!!

Cheers
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 07:29 PM

Re: Got to agree

[QUOTETalking of which...i haven't heard a word out of the new VP.
Probably got his finger stuck in a flat slide carb!!!
[/QUOTE]

Funny thing big boy,..I was unusually busy after my return from the long business trip, and jet-lag is still bugging me.

Nevertheless, the flat-slides will not work for me. The R1's still a lame duck, and will be quite a challenge to catch the Gixxers of Slasher and Tug on the track again.

So back to the drawing board. Handling will certainly be one area the R1 will need especially around the big sweepers in Sepang. Damn,..do I need the Ohlins.

Thought I could get the engine sorted out, but looks like the limits have been reached for now.

OK,.so now you have heard from me,.and tomorrow will have to be a no-show for me as I have guests in town for just one day.

Let's see if we can meet up soon. Maybe another piss-up soon?

post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 07:39 PM

Heh heh

he's alive!!!

The R1 a lame duck....come on MoJo. If Simon can catch em on a 5 year old Duc SP then theres hope for ya on an R1.

If you get a bit of time do some web seaches for R1 setups. Theres some pretty useful info out there on standard suspension set ups. You could allways have em revalved and new springs and a new link for the rear. And you wouldn't have to sell a kidney to afford it.!

Flat slides eeerm. R U still using the exup valve or what.
If you need a hand let me know.

Cheers
BP

PS Is there a get together at Molly's on Wed?????
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 07:56 PM

Re: Heh heh

Quote:
Originally posted by bigphil
....come on MoJo. If Simon can catch em on a 5 year old Duc SP then theres hope for ya on an R1.
I agree with BP, it ain't the suspenders, it ain't the lack of mumbo, it's the lack of twisting of that right grip!!! Limit's - there are no limits

Mojo, Mojo, Mojo

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 09:21 PM

dave - i have to contest your right wrist theory - my blade is feeling sorry for herself in KL due to my over exuberence in that department.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 09:50 PM

Re: Re: Heh heh

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave

I agree with BP, it ain't the suspenders, it ain't the lack of mumbo, it's the lack of twisting of that right grip!!! Limit's - there are no limits

Mojo, Mojo, Mojo
Yes,.I fully agree it's the lack of twisting of that right grip,.but somehow it is almost directly connected to the bollocks,...and seems like the bollocks kinda miss the point, and stayed at the pits.

Nevertheless,.I still feel the bike drifts at full keel,..and the line changes ever so often.

maybe its a combination of small bollocks, lack of grip, and suspension set-up.

For sure, my next target will be to catch Tug, BC and Slasher.

The next Sepang session will be suspension set-up time. Yippee!!...
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 09:59 PM

Re: Heh heh

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bigphil
[B]he's alive!!!

The R1 a lame duck....come on MoJo. If Simon can catch em on a 5 year old Duc SP then theres hope for ya on an R1.

Hmm,...wonder what kind of pace maker upgrades he's got since then?

If you need a hand let me know.

Yeah,..I need both. Will call you when the time comes for the next Sepang.

Cheers,..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode