How I saw it all ..... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

How I saw it all .....

Well, fark me if that wasn’t a weekend that will NEVER be forgotten.

To think. There are people that are alive today that will never do something that gives them the same feeling that we got.

The full circus lads, the MotoGP for fark sake, and we were there, we saw it, we walked down the pit lane and saw the actual bikes they had just raced, and we got out on the track in front of the same crowds and gave it some. And by all accounts, it would seem we put on a pretty farkin good show an all.

Well done to the lads out the front that showed the crowds that 2.24 doesn’t look all that much slower than the simply other-worldly 2:05’s …. And good on it to all the others that made up the numbers. We may not have been goin as fast, but I’ll bet the ‘moments’ we all had going into corners and sliding out as well as balls-in-the-mouth overtaking moves made all the spectators that stayed loose a few beats of the heart !!

We say it all the time so it’s easy to become complacent, but I’m sure I’m speaking for all ….. to those that made sure this thing could happen (you know who you are), we owe you something BIG. Thanks lads, thanks. To those that came up to support and didn’t blink when asked to carry stinking wet leathers in pristine aircond cars … thanks. And to my fellow racers that for a fleeting 25 minutes joined me on the track to help me do what I was doing and feel what I felt ... cheers lads.

Now then, enough of the soap box shite. Down to the juicies. To English Bob and Olie, we all have it in our minds that such incidents can happen, but buy christ it sure shakes you up to see it. Just bloody glad you guys came through the nasty end and are back on the up and up. After seeing Olie all white in the medical tent I’m farkin sure I was whiter than him when I left. That guy is such a farkin legend though cause even when in obvious pain and discomfort he still had the presence of mind to thank ME for going to see if he was alright…. L E G E N D .. legend.

English Bob, hope you get well really quickly. I just can’t wait to give you shite for crashing on the inside right of a right hander … and yer bike still looks a minter … you too my friend are a farkin legend !! …

And to the others slightly more fortunate crashers … Flymo … scary to think just what times you would have put in on the Saturday given your qualifying times matey !! …. PIA …. YOU are a LEGEND my friend …. I can still hear you … “I saw Olie getting away from me and so I twisted the go stick a little more and … then ….I heard the revs rise ….and …then….”. Ah Simon, you were ON this weekend. That mighty Stallion of yours might be temperamental at times but the two of you are one FAST package bro … and when it all comes together I just think the “three baldess” might find themselves looking up at you and your head of hair on that there podium …

And what of The Legend himself. Well, as is appropriate I was a hell of a lot faster BEFORE I got on the track … arf arf arf. I had a blast at qualifying, had a shite first race where Trev reminded me that racing is much much more than just doing fast(ish) laps. It’s also about having balls, being able to pass, being fast where the other guy is slow, not loosing concentration … should I continue ?? … in essence, the guy in FRONT is the better racer…. That’s WHY he is in front.

So, come the second race and some timely words of advice from the Mighty Ones spastic jockey …. I set to it, and by fark did I have the time of me life. I can’t remember fark all !!! … All I know is I got a good start by my standards, which was still shite … but since I was at the farkin back I couldn’t loose too many places ANYWAY !! … into turn one to see that Kamikaze nutta (Silver Stuffa) fly straight past me and somehow he leant it over and went round. I’m not sure who I was behind, but we started making our way through the crowds, and somewhere I have it in my mind by the third lap (?) I had passed Nils, Trevor, Jarko … and then I was behind Hosier … and that was my undoing ….

I was wearing earplugs, and it really did help. I was able to concentrate ..for the full 3 laps…. So there I was, behind Richard and I thought, fark me … I’m going to get off this thing at the end of the race and I can say .. yup, I was racing with Hosiers duke !! I followed him for a lap and a half I think, and noticed were I was a wee bit faster … and going on the Mighty Jockies advice, I hung back a bit to get the drive on him. So, I hung back into 4 then got on it going into the fast left/ right (turns 5 and 6) and was closing .. then he went slightly wide out of 6 and I just kept winding on the go juice .. and fark me .. I couldn’t believe it .. I saw him slowly dropping back past my left field of view .. and scenes of adulation flooded my brain … “you bet Righard !!” …until I looked closely at turn 7 ….. I have always thought this corner can be taken much much faster than it looks, and although I have proven this to myself .. it still scares the shit out of me … everytime I go into it I have to say (look through it .. DON’T look at the gravel … DON’T look at the APEX …). So there I was .. going so so much faster than I wanted, and steering straight ahead ….looking straight at the gravel AND the apex !!!

I don’t think I even turned an inch … or braked … I just remember thinking F U C K … yes, I thought **** …in capitals !! … I somehow had the presence of mind to pull in the clutch just before I flew off the tarmac, and thank **** I have gone off into the gravel before (once) cause otherwise I would surely have been screwed. No brakes, legs off the pegs … I was in third and I figure I was going close to 130 when I went in ?? … and TWICE the bars were going like a bar dancer ..and I was falling off to one side and I could just picture the mess me bike was going to be in ….. then …. Fark me … it stopped, I stopped. I was still upright. I killed the ignition just as my brain stopped screaming long enough for me to see the half dozen marshals running to me. I was about 8 meters from the barrier !! ….

You think I grin like a tossa normally?? … you should have seen me … I was given the marshals high fives, I was screaming “YES” !!! “WHOA” !! …and all so much more that aren’t actually words .. I was just givin it !!

Anyway, fired er up again, and the lads got me out of the gravel onto the grass and I got back on the track, and finished the race… about last again… and I learn’t another lesson about racing. Just cause your goin fast(ish) .. it means sod all if you can’t go round the corners … arf arf arf !!

Still ….that stupid farkin grin lasted ALL night and half way into the next day !! God you just want to bottle that feeling and forcibly feed it to those sad sad tossa’s you see everyday in there cars as the go to and from work.

On the last lap I must have been doing 50kph the whole way round. I had me horn blasting and I was givin the marshals and the crouds the big thumbs and I swear EVERY single person I was looking at was givin it right back. I just knew it then and there, what we had just got to do was something special and that feeling was going to be with me forever.

Magic lads, just magic and I can’t think of a better croud than you lot to share it all with.

Cheers mates.

P.S sorry for the essay lads, but I just couldn't say it all in less :-)

“The Belly”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 01:14 AM

Can't believe it

And not even a fakkin mention of the commentators...

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 03:30 AM

Talking

Farking Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

...Glad you enjoy your racing, tho'.

I really must get to an Itallian event next year: WSB or GP? That's the question...

Those Itallians REALLY seem to ENJOY their motorsport...

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 07:11 AM

Thumbs up Nice one Bellend

You made the hairs on the back of my testicles stand on end with your "from the heart" version of events.

You were obviosly SOOO happy, you couldn't join us in KL on Sunday night for a beer, ya poofter.

PS - I seem to have claimed an extra pair of boots over the weekend, think their English Bob's (I reckon the reason he crashed on the inside of a right hand turn was because he had his boots on the wrong feet !)

I don't have his number, can anyone call me and let me have it.
I don't think he partakes of our little world here.

9834 8026

Despite crashing out in qualifying on Friday and missing Saturdays race,I thoroughly enjoyed starting 30th on Sunday and getting up to 16th before me farking clutch lever fell off going into turn 9 !!!

Anyway,great weekend and probably a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Cheers to all that helped,especially all the effort from Cat,Tug to get us there as well as Big Phil for his assistance to all of us.

Get well soon Bob and Ollie.

Cheers
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 07:13 AM

Red face Nice one Bellend

You made the hairs on the back of my testicles stand on end with your "from the heart" version of events.

You were obviosly SOOO happy, you couldn't join us in KL on Sunday night for a beer, ya poofter.

Despite crashing out in qualifying on Friday and missing Saturdays race,I thoroughly enjoyed starting 30th on Sunday and getting up to 16th before me farking clutch lever fell off going into turn 9 !!!

Anyway,great weekend and probably a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Cheers to all that helped,especially all the effort from Cat,Tug to get us there as well as Big Phil for his assistance to all of us.

Get well soon Bob and Ollie.

Cheers

PS - I seem to have claimed an extra pair of boots over the weekend, think their English Bob's (I reckon the reason he crashed on the inside of a right hand turn was because he had his boots on the wrong feet !)

I don't have his number, can anyone call me and let me have it.
I don't think he partakes of our little world here.

9834 8026
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 07:21 AM

Thumbs up Thumbs Up mates!!!

Reading Legend's reviews just makes me wanna say.... FARKING HELL!!!!

You lads bloody enjoyed yourselves out there......

This club is farking awesome....

where else in the world could you get this kind of oppurtunities...

riding in front of the big boys after they do their thing and in front of a crowd!!!

Three cheers to SBR!! The best club in all the world!!

Bloody glad I met you guys... showed me what riding is all about...even on the few occasions that I joined you lads...

Farking awesome lads you all are.....making me feel at home with guys much older than me....

Shall we all meet for a drink soon? Wanna hear more stories.... Come on now..plan a date!!!

Get well soon to Oly and Bob

Cheers to you all!!!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 04:26 PM

Re: How I saw it all .....

Quote:
Originally posted by Legend
So there I was .. going so so much faster than I wanted, and steering straight ahead ….looking straight at the gravel AND the apex !!!

I don’t think I even turned an inch … or braked … I just remember thinking F U C K … yes, I thought **** …in capitals !!

…you should have seen me … I was given the marshals high fives, I was screaming “YES” !!! “WHOA” !! …

and I learn’t another lesson about racing. Just cause your goin fast(ish) .. it means sod all if you can’t go round the corners … arf arf arf !!

I had me horn blasting and I was givin the marshals and the crouds the big thumbs and I swear EVERY single person I was looking at was givin it right back.
Dear Mister Ugoto, the local nut-house is awaiting your arrival for a relaxing few days of post GP recovery.....

That is one seriously funny report mate (legendary even!!), a good read indeed.

Now all we need are a few pics of you lot camped in with Rossi and the boys

....and a big get well soon to both Bob the Builder and the Bladed One.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Last edited by Gixxer_Dave; 10-15-2002 at 04:28 PM.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 05:49 PM

Bob's number is 97873025 if anyone wants to give him a call. Spoke to him yesterday and he seems much better, although he might have cracked a rib.

I have acquired a Yamaha R1 and thoroughly enjoyed riding it back on Sunday night - might have to convert to team Yamaha for the coming season now that team Fireblade has retired itself into the gravel.
:
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 08:26 PM
Tug

Thumbs up Legendary report

As usual you had us all in fits all weekend, the report was more of the same

How you gonna feel when the MSS is telivised ??? Oh I forgot to tell you, the last couple of rounds this year could be telivised on Malaysian TV and all of the rounds next year will be telivised

Big thanks to BC for getting us there and to all the people who helped out over the weekend espessially Big Phil

Oly will be back in Singapore today, he is feeling more comfortable now so things not looking so gloomy.

How about meeting up next Wednesday at Molly's to watch video footage of the weekend ? Who has footage ?
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 11:51 PM

Re: Legendary report

Quote:
Originally posted by Tug

How about meeting up next Wednesday at Molly's to watch video footage of the weekend ? Who has footage ?
How about watching the footage of the Sepang weekend at the same time while we gather and watch the Philip Island GP on Sunday...

We could do it before or after the Island GP.... hows that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode