Quotes from ? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Tug

Talking Quotes from ?

Ok so this months competition is to see if you can figure out who said these imortal lines

"Iím trying to hide from Joe that I really want to own the R1 just cause it looks nice. I just KNOW I will never go over 6000rpm ever"

"The R has a contact patch the size of a paperback, Iíve done 13,000 kís of commuting, and the rear tyre shows I have no idea how to lean."

and

"my best wheelie to date is 2 inches with the aid of 20kgs of groceries on the back"
So which SBR Superstar wrote this ?

I shouldnt laugh, the lines came from the best article SBR ever published and the author keeps us entertained all weekend every weekend

Last edited by Tug; 10-08-2002 at 07:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 07:50 PM

Re: Quotes from ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Tug
"my best wheelie to date is 2 inches with the aid of 20kgs of groceries on the back"
There's no way a true Legend would have such problems, is there??

Speaking of quotes I have a fewgood ones......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The two most abundant things in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.
If you drink, don't drive. Don't even putt.
My favorite animal is steak.
My Mom taught me growing up not to mess with women. Any creature that can bleed for a week and not die is too tough to tangle with.
Joe Hughes
If we were supposed to hold on to money, it would have handles.
"Ultimately most problems can be solved by applying a Large Brick to the Correct Skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull."
"There are moments when everything goes well; don't be frightened, it won't last"
My reality check just bounced...
The Lottery is a Tax on those who can't do Maths!
He who dies with the most toys is still dead.
"When opportunity knocks, about all some people do is complain about the noise."
Remember, even if you win the rat race -- you're still a rat.
I've had fun before. This isn't it.
The best defense against logic is stupidity...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Tug

Re: Re: Quotes from ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxer_Dave

There's no way a true Legend would have such problems, is there??

My Mom taught me growing up not to mess with women. Any creature that can bleed for a week and not die is too tough to tangle with.
Joe Hughes
What gave the author away ?

The quote is a classic. Who the hell is Joe Hughes ? Some Aussy rocket scientist (contradiction in terms)

My favorite.
Any man who professes a desire to become a politician should automatically be disbarred from becoming one.
My Dad

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 12:33 AM

ah the good old days

My fav quote was from the original "No Fear" t shirt, back in the days when they were bikers shirts and not loved by tossers in too long shorts who think a plank of wood with roller skates under it is scary.

" I LIVE IN FEAR EACH AND EVERY DAY....BUT ON SUNDAYS SHE LETS ME RACE"
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 01:51 AM

same old problem...

Legend still has those farking problems....

He still can't lean, rides slower than a slug on wheels (as heard from Julie at Molly's)....thinks the R1 is nice...and can't pull a wheelie even if he had Yokozuna as a pillion!!!

Moreover, we might want to filter such articles from the website so as to not scare off potential club members...making them think that we are all slow cants who would do better at riding on bicycles..... when we are all Legends...

So...what do I get for winning the trivia qustion? A new set of wheels? Would love a BMX bicycle....
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Tug

Re: same old problem...

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolverine

So...what do I get for winning the trivia qustion? A new set of wheels? Would love a BMX bicycle....
You get a new R1, as soon as your piggy bank is full and your licence is too

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 05:34 PM

Cants !!

Cants, cant's cants.

He treats me like the fella in Pulp Fiction lads, the "Gimp" ... remember .. the one all dressed in black leathers .... kinda like Ravi when he's on his Arly .. but thats a different story.

This story is about how the Tugsta is trying once again to divert the consiousness of our esteamed members .... away from the horrid display of his bollocks in the weekend ...

P.S Love it bro ... keep up the good work ....
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 06:16 PM

so

you'd like to stay focussed on his bollocks then !!!

You need to get out more son!!

Cheers
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 06:56 PM

Talking A Ride for a ride ????? !!!

Phil,

What time you leaving tonight ....

If I were to ask nicely, could you take me up ??

GCW
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 07:23 PM

leavin

the gaffa/duct tape support vehicle is planning on leaving 7 at the latest.
Place for one no prob!
Get my mobile number off Mr Boyce!

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode