Abilene/Dyess riders - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Abilene/Dyess riders

i couldn't find a Abilene sportbike group so i decided to made my own. just letting you know all Abilene (and surrounding areas) riders are welcome to join up. so come have a look. riding as a group is way better than riding alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 05:21 AM

Abilene Hot Bike Association. We meet at the old Hastings parking lot every Saterday at 1000. Good group to ride with if you are interested. Name is Aaron and i ride a red aprilia, only aprilia out there.

Hope to see you out there, good to see new riders. What do you ride, how long have you been riding?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

nice

well go check out...
http://groups.myspace.com/abilenesportbikes

yea i forgot the link on the first post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000ape View Post
Abilene Hot Bike Association. We meet at the old Hastings parking lot every Saterday at 1000. Good group to ride with if you are interested. Name is Aaron and i ride a red aprilia, only aprilia out there.

Hope to see you out there, good to see new riders. What do you ride, how long have you been riding?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlhoffms View Post
i couldn't find a Abilene sportbike group so i decided to make my own.
Hi, I did the same thing a few years ago and installed the forum/message board software on my own webserver. I made it specifically for motorcycle riders in the Abilene / Dyess area. I created this ONLY because I am a long time motorcycle mechanic and enthusiast and I got tired of riding alone too. The forum runs on our own Apache web server so we could have complete control and run it however we wanted. The computer sits at my friends house and is connected through a 1mb DSL line. It is completely free and there is no advertising on the forum. We could add new forums or whatever is desired. The only drawback is that the spammers tried to take advantage of our email system so we had to disable it. I opened registrations again now, although due to the email limitation you will get an error, just ignore it and you will be instantly registered and able to post upon completing registration. If there were simply some interest in the board I would try and fix the email and upgrade the software too. I would gladly make a others of you administrators or moderators so you could run it however you wanted. If this forum works better for you guys I completely understand. It just seems a such a waste that I have a forum sitting there and going to waste so I thought I would offer.

Best Regards,
Michael Davis

-PS
I had to remove the direct link to my forum I had here since within 15 minutes of reopening the registrations the link from here attracted 3 hacks (or bots) from across the globe that registered to promote their non-motorcycle "stuff". It's still easy enough to just click the link to the forum on the right side of my homepage though at abilenetexas.net

Last edited by Stuntman_Mike; 02-05-2009 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Update
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 12:23 PM

Stunt man mike
did you use to work at the loco Kawasaki shop??

BIG rob
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big rob View Post
Stunt man mike
did you use to work at the loco Kawasaki shop??
BIG rob
Yes and at Kent's for 2 years in parts.
I take it that you are Rob from Kent's?
Sorry I took so long to reply but like my message board it is just too much trying to also run an email server for these things and one sometimes forgets to check in periodically.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 03:26 AM

Temporary resident

Howdy Texan riders!

I am in Abilene until July 2012, is it worth bringing my sportbike here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode