All Service men Questions - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Thanks endleswavz! I'm getting alittle nervous, I always do, guys keep telling that the MEPS is an experience that you will never forget! Any who, do you know if the bases offer msf courses at all? I don't currently have a bike but would love to get one, just not sure if I can catch a class before the departure. And just out of curiousity what is you rate? and how long have you been in?
Well time to get back to studying!! Take 'er easy fellas!!!

God Bless America!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 04:24 PM

Hey Seebs....

I'm an MA2 and I have been in for just about 10 years. All bases offer the MSF course....or at least can get you to an equivalent safety course nearby. M.E.P.S. is, indeed, quite the experience. I am not telling ou to lie...but don't tell them anything, that you feel, would keep you from being accepted. Believe it or not, they have enough recruits to pick and choose who stays and who goes, in most M.E.P.S. locations. Finally...you wouldn't be human if you weren't a little nervous...it is probably one of the biggest, most life changing decisions that you will ever make. Just stay the course and enjoy the experience...even when things get a little crazy...believe me...when you are out one of these days...looking back....you'll smile and know that you truely did something in life!!! Alot more than most. Be safe, ride safe and endless waves.....
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

DAMN!!!

Well, I gotback from the meps today and I was PMR for flat feet and a low rom on my ankle, and denied a waiver . So I'm not sure what else I can do!? I was thinking of trying another branch, maybe airforce or something and maybe they might give me a waiver, thoughts? Think I may be S.O.L. I hate bad news!!

P.S. everyone that told me MEPS was an experience was making an understatement!!!! It was a definite experience!!

God Bless America!!!

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 05:58 AM

Seebs....

...if you want in bad enough you can always write your congressman......if you want to talk about it give me a call......I had to obtain a BUMED waiver for asthma when I initially enlisted....I can give you the ropes on obtaining one......let me know and I'll give you a ring or you can call me...be safe and ride safe....endless waves....
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Really!?

Well, that gives me alittle hope! I made an appointment with my doctor to see if it's as bad as they say it was. I'm not sure though becase I wear othopedic insoles with no problem, it's just with my shoes off I have trouble, if you wouldn't mind I am really interested in getting in, if writing my congressman would help I would definitly be down to give it a try!!!
Thanks for your help!!! God bless and ride the waves safe!!

God Bless America!!!
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by godspeed409
Military is not for everyone, youll find out quick weather its for you or not...
By the time you figure that out, its too late!!! Sorry to hear about the lack of waiver. Don't give up...there has to be a loop hole somewhere. I have flat feet and they let me in 11 years ago (don't know if that changes anything).

"Are you a Leader?" Look behind you. If no one is there, you are only taking a walk!!!
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Well, I went and saw my doctor, and he said I have really flat feet and this is also why my ROM on my left ankle is not 100%, but he also said he saw no apparent problems and gave me the okay to try and still get in( wish I could tell the Navy that!) Any who, I managed to get him to write a letter saying the above, and my recruiter is going to send it up and we shall see what happens, I'm not totally sure about the answer, seems when the military decides they don't change their mind. But we'll see what they say, and if it's no, I'll just have to find another way to pursuade them!!!

God Bless America!!!
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

went back to the navy recruiter today and applied for a bumed waiver. He said it didn't really matter if I write my congressman as the decision is all up to the bumed official, so I put together a letter stating the reason I was disqualified and why I should be able to enlist, and i added a note from my doctor, so we shall see what they say, if no, I'll try another branch. Hopefully they won't say no!!.

God Bless America!!!
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Well,

The bumed waiver for the navy was disapproved . So I stopped in and talked to the airforce recruiter and applied for a waiver through him, hopefully this goes through, if not I'll try the army. Thanks again to everybody's advice and help! Later

God Bless America!!!
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 12:16 PM

That sucks to hear the Navy didn't take you. I've met a lot of people in the Navy and they've all had awesome stories to tell. I've been in the Air Force almost three years and I absolutely love it. I grew up on Air Force bases around the world so I know what it's like in and out of the service. That is true that you pick five jobs but it is your choice which one you go in for. You can join with a guarenteed job. I came in as a 2E2 which is basically everything to do with computers and is the most advanced computer related job you can get. Whatever job you choose will have a tech school that will train you in almost everything you will need to know. Everything else will come later. Almost every base offers a MSF; it is completely free and they supply the bikes and helmets to learn on. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode