military - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: Would You Join the military again if you had the chance to do it over?
Yes, Same branch of service 5 62.50%
Yes, Different branch 2 25.00%
No way, I hate it 0 0%
Not sure 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-16-2003, 07:06 PM
Founder

Personally I loved my time in the Army. But from what I hear if you are looking for easier duty the Air Force is the way to go.

But no matter which branch you join I wish you the best of luck and thank you for wanting to serve your country!

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 05:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to subterfuge138 Send a message via Yahoo to subterfuge138
The airforce seems to take better care of you. But when I joined, the army was the only branch that would gaurantee my requested job IN WRITING. If they were to have backed out on their end of the deal, they would've had to have let me walk.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 10:11 PM

Figure out what it is about the military that interests you. If you need to learn electronics but are not interested in anything a branch of the military can offer, go to college and skip the military.

I was not in the military. The only branch I would have considered would have been the Air Force, but only because I love aircraft and if I could not be a pilot I would have worked in maintenance so I could be around them. If I had enlisted, I would have been flying an F-105 or an F-4 or a B-52 over North Vietnam (and maybe ended up in Hanoi Hilton or in a rubber bag).

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 10:27 PM

Re: military

Depends on what you want from the military. If you want to work smarter, not harder; would like to use your entire brain when planning/strategizing/accomplishing a task; enjoy a quality of life that is second to none; and have a service that will encourage/help you succeed in whatever venture you choose, then the Air Force is the way to go.

A lot of folks complain that we're the hardest service to get into, but there's a reason for that: we don't want the dullest tool in the shed working on multi-million/billion dollar equipment and we take only the best because we demand only YOUR best.

Been in the blue for 16 years and it's great. Aim High or Cross Into the Blue....it's all up to you.

Steph

Customized 2001 CBR F4i
SMSgt (E-8), US Air Force
Cross Into The Blue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
http://www.stephygee.com
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 04:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Stain
I am all about FTM

Live hard, ride hard, be hard and die fast.
I work on computer for a living, and I sure hate them a lot.

www.myspace.com/genocide_king
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 03:15 PM

SEMPER FI

GO USMC. There is no other way. Also, you say that your GPA is too low for officer programs, but the USMC OCC program I believe only requires a 2.0 as a minumim. Don't you need a 2.0 to graduate? Check out this link: http://www.marines.com/officer_progr...agement+Skills
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 07:22 AM

If you don't have a huge superiority complex, join the Marine Corps.

We issue one to every recruit!

Actually, it's the best damn thing I ever did with my life. No way I would choose another branch knowing what I know now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode