USAF AETC question.. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to kvpZX9R
USAF AETC question..

I just found out about the motorcycle "mentor" program from another board. Anybody here part of AETC and have experience as a mentor or student? I'm curious as to how you guys feel about the requirement and how everything is working out.

PCS me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a darn poor scholar that can only spell a word one way

My school taught the 3 R's - Racin', Rasslin', & Rodeo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 05:14 AM

Re: USAF AETC question..

We have it here at Little Rock. It's a good idea. I just don't agree with holding NCO's responsible for these kids who think that because they were the best bicycle rider in their 3rd grade class they can handle these newer and more powerful motorcycles. As far as that goes it seems like they are concentrating on the Airman and not the NCO's. With promotion rates as they are it would seem they would be concerned with all personnel involved. I'm for the program, I'm not for blanketing only Airman. In my opinion you can never get enough advice, however it is up to the individual if they want to use it.
We were threatened by our squadron cc that he would prohibit the riding of motorcycles to anyone who is caught doing anything "stupid". Thats a pretty general statement, since I have been turned in for speeding while coming to work all because I passed a Lt Col on the way to work. It was not excessive. I'm starting to ramble but keep this in mind, most motorcycle clubs are nothing more than a mentoring program. The younger members learn from the older riders. This website is kind of like that, people can ask questions and get advice from more experienced riders. That's all I got though Late

John B.
I could stop if I wanted to.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to kvpZX9R
Re: Re: USAF AETC question..

Quote:
Originally posted by Si-lo
I just don't agree with holding NCO's responsible for these kids who think that because they were the best bicycle rider in their 3rd grade class they can handle these newer and more powerful motorcycles.
That right there is what I was mainly wondering about. I was really curious if the NCO mentor was going be held accountable for more stupid airman tricks. Do you know of anyone getting into trouble because of of theirs wrecks?

Quote:
We were threatened by our squadron cc that he would prohibit the riding of motorcycles to anyone who is caught doing anything "stupid".
I was talking with a pilot that rides the other day. He made a pretty funny joke about how serious th AF is getting about motorcycle accidents. He said, "you'd have a better chance of getting off if you bought a gram of coke, took it to the E club, and snorted it in front of everybody than if you wreck your bike."

PCS me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a darn poor scholar that can only spell a word one way

My school taught the 3 R's - Racin', Rasslin', & Rodeo.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 02:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: USAF AETC question..

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kvpZX9R

Do you know of anyone getting into trouble because of of theirs wrecks?
[/QUOTE

Well not in trouble. We had an airman die after crossing the center linein a turn. He had never been to the MSF course and only had his bike a short while. What came out of that was that his supervisor didn't get involved enough. If he would have it wouldn't have happened. Just like those gay ass vests will stop some moron from pulling out in front of, or even into you.

Quote:

you'd have a better chance of getting off if you bought a gram of coke, took it to the E club, and snorted it in front of everybody than if you wreck your bike.
I would believe that. You get the 3rd degree. If you wreck your bike some 1st sgts will probably start requesting BAC tests. All I know is if they tell me I can't ride, fine, Then I won't ever ride again....like that'll happen. Besides our base commander is a harley rider and has organized the riders here that wish to be part of a club. He got rid of having us wear the reflective vests. we only have to wear something that reflects light at night. Which I just wear a reflective vest.
I can tell you this much, I will not be punished just because never rode a bike before sammy the squid decided to kill himself on his new GSXR 1000 that he bought by putting car up for collateral so he wouldn't have to pay full coverage insurance. I've just about beaten this issue to death. Late

John B.
I could stop if I wanted to.

Last edited by Si-lo; 11-19-2002 at 02:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode