Well fellas... little bit of depressing news - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Well fellas... little bit of depressing news

My buddy and I, both active duty Air Force, were riding around Monday and it just so happens that i was on a date my buddy's G/F hooked me up with. Well, we went to this little beach and this girl and I were having a great conversation. Im was standing there thinkin, WOW.. this girl is really great and im not all that nervous. Soooo.. it was about 5 p.m., 70 degrees out... just an all out beautiful day right?!.. So this girl and I are talking and all the sudden i hear this loud crunching noise. I had a bad feeling but i didnt wanna admit it to myself. So i start heading out to the parking lot and to my dismay, there my buddies 02 R6 crunched on its side against my R1. This guy illegally intending to travel the wrong way in a marked direction of travel parking lot backed into our bikes when he was attempting to head the wrong direction. Then he asks me,,, why did you park there? Does anyone know why any of us park in a parking lot in between those lines??? So that remark really pissed me off but seeings how im military and we have an image to uphold and plus this was a first date with this girl, i didnt lose my temper. I was really mad though. Anyhow, here i am, waiting on the wonderful world of insurance claims and it sucks. To much damage to list now, but ill post later. The R6 already had an estimate done for $4300 worth of damage, and im guessin mine to be around $2500. This sucks! Well, ive had a headache for like 3 days now and i just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening.

She said i had to choose between her and the bike.....thank god i did. No more headaches except when she gets dirty and it time to wash and wax! =)~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 01:00 AM

Dude, that sucks!! I can't believe you parked in between those lines.... the insurance company should make you pay for BOTH bikes!!

Did you at least get the girl?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by JumpmasterRT

Did you at least get the girl?
Shes great man. I cant wait to see her again. She even surprised me by sneaking down to see me yesterday. She came all dressed up and all.... i was like She looked so georgous!!

She said i had to choose between her and the bike.....thank god i did. No more headaches except when she gets dirty and it time to wash and wax! =)~

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 05:58 AM

I know how you feel, been there and it blows . Heres to a speedy repair to you and your bud .

PIMPIN AINT EASY, BUT DAMN ITS FUN.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

America's Sportbike Club
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 06:05 AM

Well that had to suck, but if you were parked in the striped area that is not really a parking space, sometimes you can be the one that is responsible for the damage. I had a buddy that that backed into a car that was parked in a striped are and the guy was all pissed about it and my buddy was like, don't worry I will take care of it........guy gives him some outrageous estimate, so my buddy goes to file and tells the insurance guy the whole thing and he tells him that he is not responsible since the car was illegally parked. Hope you pull out on top on this though, since the az was going the wrong way.

KNEE DOWN FINGER UP!!!!

That will buff out!!

Women are like parking spaces.....you get in...you get out....and you leave it behind you!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 06:42 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to OnyxWulf
Should have learned...

I hope you learned your lesson. Next time park your bike ON the line INBETWEEN 2 cars...lol jk

Sucks to hear it dood but I applaud the fact that you kept your cool and dealt with it like a professional, that is prolly more then I could have done in a similar situation.

Lates,
Onyx
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 11:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to hellsnat Send a message via Yahoo to hellsnat
Snakeyedr1,

You still have the R6 don't you?

Man, how depressing. You did good keeping your cool! I couldn't say the same for me.

"If ignorance is bliss, why arn't there more happy people?"

Moderator of

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

thats the good part... we were in between the lines. the guy who hit the bikes is tryin to say we werent, but we have picturesto prove hes wrong and also that he was illegally attempting to travel the wrong direction.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 04:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to hellsnat Send a message via Yahoo to hellsnat
You are the man! Did you have a digital camera with you?

Can you post some pix on here?

"If ignorance is bliss, why arn't there more happy people?"

Moderator of

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

hmmm.... UPDATE>> UPDATE>>>
Well boys, not even 2 weeks and ive already collected my nice check. Mine was for $4304.09 and my buds was for $4900. Guess insurances work quick when your calling them everyday crawling up there AZZ!! Anyhow, i bought another R6 wrecked for $2300. I already had most of the parts to fix it from the dealership i work at. So far, all is good and the world is brighter for me. Well, ill post pics later. Just had to tell ya guys! Cya

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode