Triumph 955i Daytona Endurance Team Update - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Triumph 955i Daytona Endurance Team Update

Dear Triumph owners and Triumph race fans,

The Sky King/Back Roads Triumph endurance race team has been dealt a huge blow to start the 2004 racing season. While preparing the Daytona for the upcoming WERA National Endurance season I realized that my checkbook could not longer afford to race the Daytona. The endeavor to race a 955i Daytona is many times more difficult (and expensive) due to the fact Triumph doesnít have a factory race team with trickle down technology to a privateer like myself.

As I mentioned above, the bike and race effort to date have been funded from my own personal bank account with assistance from two great sponsors. Back Roads Triumph has been able to provide dyno time and pit crew. John King has been able to support us with products like his Sky King frame sliders and bike stands. Without their assistance I would have never gotten as far as I did with the Triumph. I must also thank Wayne MacDonald of Tuneboy for his assistance with the fuel injection mapping.

During the last two race seasons I guided the 955i to three victories and twelve podium appearances. My most memorable highlight will be the 2nd place finish at Daytona International Speedway in the AHRMA Sound of Thunder class in 2003.

As you can imagine Iím just gutted to announce this news. Instead of loading the bike in the race trailer ready two weekends in advance of the first event, the financial reality is I canít afford to race and develop the Triumph in 2004.

Many of you have followed our racing exploits and were expecting to see us endurance race the Triumph this year against the more common Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, & Honda motorcycles. I thought it courteous to inform you of my present situation and to apologize for not waving the Triumph flag at the races.

I will continue to roadrace my MZ Skorpion and I might enter a few Formula USA Thunderbike events. Look for us at the track and in the race results!

Thank you,

Bruce Brown
[email protected]

www.SkyKingRacing.com
www.BackRoadsTriumph.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:19 PM

Bummer.

Well behaved women rarely make history.

I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.

www.inkycellstattooco.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode