Will he ever shut up? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Will he ever shut up?

Just for Inky.....

"I can't believe how fast Eric (Bostrom)'s bike is. I mean, full Superbike spec against essentially production bikes. That's just not right, is it? I tell you, if I had a bike that fast, imagine how fast I could be," Suzuki's Mat Mladin said from the Yoshimura garage after Daytona qualifying. "They've won every World Championship there is to win over the last 20 years, racing (here) against bloody street bikes. What's up with that?"

Damn ya whiney bitch! Wins Daytona and STILL has to complain.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 11:04 AM

Well at least Matt didn't run over ,kick,body slam and headbutt Eric like Arron would have.

badges? We don't need no stinking badges.
Twist and shout!
Loud Clutches save lives
The older I get the faster I was
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddjack
Well at least Matt didn't run over ,kick,body slam and headbutt Eric like Arron would have.

Aaron's another one...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddjack
for a second I thought I was accidently watching WWE rather than Daytona........ what a numbnuts

"Road racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." - Peter Eagan
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 01:27 PM

Re: Will he ever shut up?

Quote:
Originally posted by Trigga
Just for Inky.....

"I can't believe how fast Eric (Bostrom)'s bike is. I mean, full Superbike spec against essentially production bikes. That's just not right, is it? I tell you, if I had a bike that fast, imagine how fast I could be," Suzuki's Mat Mladin said from the Yoshimura garage after Daytona qualifying. "They've won every World Championship there is to win over the last 20 years, racing (here) against bloody street bikes. What's up with that?"

Damn ya whiney bitch! Wins Daytona and STILL has to complain.....
What's that? I can't hear you........I'm still seeing Matt at the TOP of the box..............oh that's right, you drove all the way there to see that in person! Aren't you lucky!

And I think that Aaron had every right to kick that guys ass. Maybe those damn back markers will stay the hell out of the way for the rest of the season. Fania, what a dumb ass, gets passed by Matt and still is hoggin the race line.......he knows that somebody is coming and doesn't move........lame ass. I hope he has a permanent foot print for a reminder. If I was racing for second spot on the box, I would have done exactly the same thing that Aaron did.

Well behaved women rarely make history.

I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.

www.inkycellstattooco.com
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Will he ever shut up?

Quote:
Originally posted by Inky
If I was racing for second spot on the box, I would have done exactly the same thing that Aaron did.
Well seeing how you have never raced I guess you could say that. But, those of us who have raced know that it is the faster guys responseability to pass the slower rider safely. The out side line is NOT the safest route around a backmarker. Fania did EXACTLY what he was supposed to do, maintain his line.

That crash was TOTALLY Yates' fault just like the retarted move that took E Boz out last year. Yates is trying to hard to be fast, just like Kurtis was. Once you slow down, you go faster.

And even if it was Fania's fault Yates showed the world the true class act sportsman he is.

So how's things?

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 04:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wheelie123
Re: Re: Will he ever shut up?

Quote:
Originally posted by Inky
And I think that Aaron had every right to kick that guys ass. Maybe those damn back markers will stay the hell out of the way for the rest of the season. Fania, what a dumb ass, gets passed by Matt and still is hoggin the race line.......he knows that somebody is coming and doesn't move........lame ass. I hope he has a permanent foot print for a reminder. If I was racing for second spot on the box, I would have done exactly the same thing that Aaron did.
Sorry Inky, as I don't know you from Adam's housecat, but that is one of the most stupid things I've read in quite some time. Fania could have gotten up and had a severe injury. Yates' WCW move could have killed him in that scenario. No, it didn't happen, but that's just the point. Yates gave no consideration to the guys condition. All he cared about was winning and he not only took the outside line which the guy did NOT give him, but he took it too far in through the corner. Fuck Yates. He has some severe issues. Yeah, he can ride, but look at his stunts over the past few years: he's taken out several riders with these dumbassed stunts and then lying in the road at VIR after crashing? Yates also chose to pick on a smaller rider and in my books, that's a bully and he deserves to get worn out for that.

No offense, Inky, but there's a lot more involved that just rooting for someone and being glad they kicked someone's ass. Fania could have been killed and Yates didn't even care. That's reckless and as someone pointed out before, that's retarded.

"Tattoo on the lower back. Might as well be a bullseye." - Wedding Crashers
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 08:41 AM

Well, I guess that I'm the only one who read Aaron's "apology" or explanation, if you will. Aaron said that he had been riding that line for the rest of the laps that he had taken. Fania had been passed by Matt at least 4 or 5 seconds before all of this happened. He knew that others were coming. If he can't race with the big boys, then he needs to get off of the track. I could care less if he qualified and earned the right to be there. If he can't get the job done in real race conditions, then he's a menace to everyone on the track: Aaron just happened to be the lucky one in the way. What if that was Matt that Fania took out? Face it, EVERYBODY complained about the back markers last year...........everybody! They qualify too many people to race in that class. Especially if 1st place can lap a rider all the way up to 8th place.

You can all be holy-er-than-thou with all of your racing experience.............how many titles do you all own?

That's what I thought. I don't race, I watch the races, and I saw Fania stand the thing up in the corner and screw up the entire racing line for whom ever was behind him. IT'S MY OPINION, I DON'T CARE IF YOU LIKE IT. I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK IT'S STUPID.

I think that we need to get Fania an autographed photo of Mladin, since he seems to feel the need to "stand" up in a corner after being passed by him. Maybe he needed time to adjust "things" after having his farings blown off.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 08:49 AM

Re: Re: Re: Will he ever shut up?

Quote:
Originally posted by wheelie123
Sorry Inky, as I don't know you from Adam's housecat, but that is one of the most stupid things I've read in quite some time. Fania could have gotten up and had a severe injury. Yates' WCW move could have killed him in that scenario. No, it didn't happen, but that's just the point. Yates gave no consideration to the guys condition. All he cared about was winning and he not only took the outside line which the guy did NOT give him, but he took it too far in through the corner. Fuck Yates. He has some severe issues. Yeah, he can ride, but look at his stunts over the past few years: he's taken out several riders with these dumbassed stunts and then lying in the road at VIR after crashing? Yates also chose to pick on a smaller rider and in my books, that's a bully and he deserves to get worn out for that.

No offense, Inky, but there's a lot more involved that just rooting for someone and being glad they kicked someone's ass. Fania could have been killed and Yates didn't even care. That's reckless and as someone pointed out before, that's retarded.
Yup, and Yates could have had , and I quote" both of my legs broken" . Fania could have done much worse to Yates. Sorry, but I'm still taking Aaron's side. IT'S MY OPINION AND I'M STICKING WITH IT, BE IT RIGHT, OR WRONG. I too have a temper, and I would have probably done something like that for the entire world to see....do I think that was a smart thing to do? No, but it was pure raw emotion, and somebody was pissed, and acted out on his emotions. It is what it is. We will see how the AMA takes care of business.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 08:59 AM

From another forum............

Aaron Yates issues apology
Racing has extreme highs and extreme lows. It almost seems like there's no in-between when you race at the level that I do. For me, after racing 170 grueling miles, I realized that I had a chance to win the race.

With about eight laps to go, I came up on some lapped riders. I set up to pass, using the same racing line that I'd been using on this part of the track all day - in both the 200 and in the 600 SuperSport race.

I came through on the brakes on the outside and in my peripheral vision I saw a rider stand his bike up. So I got on the brakes harder and stood my bike up a bit to give him some room. But I was running out of racetrack.

We went down and were sliding toward the wall and I was honestly thinking that I was going to break both of my legs. Thankfully, the impact was softer than I'd anticipated. I got up thinking that I'd raced 49 laps with eight left to go and a second-place finish in the Daytona 200 was down the drain.

I couldn't believe that this was actually happening. But I never had any intention of hurting anyone. The last thing that I want is for people to get hurt at the track. This is not the way that I wanted to look back on Daytona '04. And this is definitely not what I want the race fans to think of when they think of me.

I'm just so sorry that the whole incident ever happened. And I'm sorry if my actions offended or disappointed anyone.

Aaron Yates

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode