Triumph Sprint RS or Suzuki TL1000R??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

Triumph Sprint RS or Suzuki TL1000R???

I just bought a 2000 Triumph Sprint 955 RS with 4,500 miles for $4,500. It is in mint condition, not a scratch. But I had my eye on a 2000 TL1000R at the local dealership that costs $6,900 with 4,600 miles. I was thinking about doing a trade in for the TLR. I havent even been to DMV yet to get Triumph title changed to my name because I can not make up my mind if I should keep it or trade it for the TLR. I like the Triumph because no one around my town has one and it is very comfortable to ride, with plenty of power. But on the other hand, I love the way the TLR looks and sounds, but Ive never ridden one. Will those of you all that have ridden one please help me with this decision? Which bike is more reliable? Which do you think is overall better? Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2003, 02:01 PM

TLR's are nice but hell, save another grand & buy a new left over 02 for that price. You got a better deal on the RS. As for performance you won't be lacking much on a tiller they are just as heavy. A guy a work with has an 02 tiller with a full yosh sys. & I walk all over him. I've got a MHP high mount & new map. I guess it's just a matter of what you want more? Tiller or RS?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I Im just going to keep my RS.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2003, 10:03 PM

keep the sprint

IMHO the sprint is a more comfortable bike with better top end. Plus, it won't get hot as quick as that v-ride. Sitting on a TL on a hot summer day you might as well duck tape a toaster oven to your crotch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode