02 Triumph 955i need help finding Pipe/streeing damper/windscreen/PC3 PLEASE help - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

02 Triumph 955i need help finding Pipe/streeing damper/windscreen/PC3 PLEASE help

Hi, ok this is what am trying to find, my friend bike was laid down and he is getting it fixed but wants to upgrade, I need to help[ him find this stuff fast. The bike is a 02 triumph Dayatona 955i in silver.

1.Exhaust slip on Akrapovic in ti? what do you think? how do they sound on this bike? I only see them listed for the t595/955i up to 2001? will this work?

2.Windscreen smoked should he go with a Double bubble or a stock tinted one? same thing only found them for 595/955i up to 2001. Zero Gravity

3.do they make a PC 3 R or just the pc 3? They don't have a map listed for the pipe above but they do have one for a 2 brothers? will that work?

4.And finaly a streeing dampner? I can't seem to find one? and scotts is way to much for what he needs or can spend. Thanks alot
p.s please leave suggestions for diffrent brands if you like, or comments about these.

2002 B&W GSX-R 750,Graves Full Ti System, PC 3 R,TRE "Switchable",CR9EIX Iridium, Galfer SS brake lines,Framesliders, L&P Intergrator kit, L&P front flush mounts,ZG DB smoked screen,86Z28 redone from the ground up and worked, Ready for road racing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 01:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to injected
1. I haven't seen an Akropovic for the 02. The earlier one won't fit because the header is a smaller diameter.. I have a Wolf Slip-on in carbon which looks and sounds cool. And if you buy from the UK, it's very cheap - even including the shipping. Mine was here (AZ) in 4 days. (www.wolfracing.co.uk)
2. Again the 01 screen won't fit get one from Jack Lilley in the UK. Again, very efficient service. The double Bubble makes a huge difference to turbulence at speed. (www.jacklilley.com)
3. DO NOT GET A PC3. The great thing about the Triumphs is that this dude called Wayne McDonald makes a program for a regular computer, which plugs straight into the ECU and lets you do a shitload more than the PC3 can (like move the red line, read the diagnostics, change when the fan comes on, adjust idle CO, etc etc). Tunes are available on the web free, and it'll even convert PC3 tunes too. Oh, and it's cheaper the the Power Commander. (http://210.49.15.225:8080/Tutorial/Tutorial.asp)
4. Don't know about steering dampers - I don't think the bike needs one.

For general learning about your freinds bike, and getting advice, parts etc, try www.t595.net.

Last edited by injected; 12-22-2002 at 01:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode