02 Daytona that bad? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

02 Daytona that bad?

Well, I just sold my F4 to a friend at work. I was looking at a new Daytona from my local dealer. They want $8699 & will throw in a seat cowl & the C/F subframe fillers. I'm just wondering if it's worth the haslte or should I stick with Honda. Are the problems reallly that bad? Are there any common problems with them? I rode the demo & loved it. I just don't want to end up with a nightmare. I'm going on a trip so that gives me 2 weeks to decide. Any info would be great just please be honest & unbiased because this will influence my purchase. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 10:02 AM

Thumbs up Daytona

You know I was thinking the same thing over the summer in that I wanted to get a litre bike. I thought of two rides and they were the 929RR and the 955i. The local dealer here wanted $8299 for the silver one and I REALLY thought about it. I decided to hold off and keep my f4i. But the reason I didn't wasn't because of what RACERS thought of the bike or what people thought of the Triumph brand. I just didn't want a litre bike just yet. I've read numerous articles in Cycle World, Sport Rider, and Superbike (UK) and only Superbike seems to not like the ride. However, they are a little biased in their writing. They err on the side of, if the bike isn't a racer rep then it ain't worth ridin'. Well, I don't race and don't really want to so the bike should be fine. The only problems I have heard of with Triumph were with the TT600 and I believe they solved that problem with the updated Sagem FI. They have just introduced a Daytona 600 so Triumph feels confident in their sport capabilities. If you want a ride that no one really has (and who has a Daytona anyhow) then I would pick one up.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 09:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to injected
I think the Honda probably is the better bike on the track, but on the road any bike can get you round more than fast enough, so it comes down to comfort and image.

The Triumphs seem to suit taller riders better than the Jap literbikes, and they look more restrained than nearly everything. There don't seem to be any more problems with the 02 Daytonas than any Japanese bike, and of course they have that 2-year warranty, which so far I haven't had to use (I'm on my second 955).

I bought mine because it's different and I like the sound. Just yesterday I went to my local Jap bike emporium to look around and when I came out there were a couple of guys walking round the Daytona who told me what a sweet looking bike it is. Do you get that on the Honda?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by injected
Just yesterday I went to my local Jap bike emporium to look around and when I came out there were a couple of guys walking round the Daytona who told me what a sweet looking bike it is. Do you get that on the Honda?
Nope, But I get that on my Kawi

Ride Well :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode