Sprint ST after 30 years.... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Sprint ST after 30 years....

Hi all:

After thirty years of (on and off) riding I decided it was time to try a sport bike. I dont know why I waited so long but all of a sudden I started looking at them differently and the attraction seemingly came out of nowhere. I rented a 98 vfr and loved it, although I was a little intimidated by the torque and power. I've ridden standards, harleys, dirt bikes...but the vfr felt, to me, like I was riding some kind of weapon. It felt so aggressive and after a six hour day I was sore, particularly my wrists. I know now that I was anything but relaxed so I was beating myself up unwittlingly by riding "tight".

Anyway, the enfatuation smouldered for a few months until I rented a 99 sprint ST. After a day on that I was seriously enfatuated and feeling much more comfortable on the bike. I had tried an f4i a few weeks earlier and it was awesome and quick but I anticipated 80% sport riding and 20% touring so I was eying the sport tour bikes more. The Sprint felt very similar to the VFR but I was attracted to the greater torque and displacement PLUs...triumph was giving away $1000 worth of free goodies with each purchase so that put me into a sweet sounding carbon fiber slip-on and heated grips so that swung me towards the ST. I picked up a red 2002 ST on my 40th birthday. I cant believe I waited this long to buy a sport bike ( know it's a sport TOUR but after what I've been riding, it's a sport bike *L*). Elaborating on this would be preaching to the converted so I'm sure you know what I mean. I really love this bike.

Three months have passed and I've used me car maybe three times since I bought the bike...going to work is now a pleasure (arriving there less so) and I've done a couple of amazing three day rides with a buddy and his gixxer 750, and maybe eight day-long local rides. I am so happy with this Triumph...I shouldnt have waited so long.

One last comment...I picked up an electric vest and between that and the heated grips I figure I extended my riding season by about four months. For a hundred bux, an electric vest is an investment you will thank yourself for making many times over...I took a little good natured ribbing over mine but the laughter stopped after the first mountain pass.

Happy and safe riding to all,
MoNkEyBoY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 07:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to SilentNEKO
good deal cheif, lets see some pictures of that bike

and yes you are preaching to some converted and alot of natural borns

"When the time comes, I'll be too busy lookin good!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode