My first and probably my last Arai - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down My first and probably my last Arai

I finally got an Arai helmet last April. I have wanted an Arai for years and decided this year I had to have one. Iíve been busy this year so it has only seen about 2000 miles. Two weeks ago while cleaning my Arai; I noticed an area where the clear had begun to delaminate on the back of my helmet. I wouldn't have thought much of it but how often do you get a chip or ding on the back of your helmet? I picked at it a little and the clear kept coming.
Having been in the automotive paint industry for the last twenty years, I've seen this before. It is caused by many things, mainly by a failure in process, sometimes a failure of product.
What to do? I looked at the paper work that came with my helmet. I found, a snail mail address and a fax number that did not work. No phone number. I went to the web site. No phone number. No email address. Finally I took it back to the dealer I purchased it from (almost two hours away). They agreed that it appears to be a material issue and called Arai as I stood there. They got an answering machine. I asked for the number and made a couple of calls to Arai myself. The first two times I got the answering machine myself. The third time I called I got a body.

This is getting long so I will cut to the chase.
Arai received my helmet today (I called to confirm they had received it). They opened the box and made a decision right there.
Rob at Arai has decided that it is NORMAL for your clear to peel!!!

I'm a little disappointed in Arai's view of customer service and the thought of owning what was supposed to be the best helmet in the world. I love my helmet, but I don't know if I can continue to support a company that won't support their product.

I just thought you would like to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 01:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to Quikie
Post a contact information and I will gladly call and tell them that if this is normal and they choose not to replace your helmet, I will no longer be able to purchase Arai helmets. I have a Renegade right now and am satisfied with it, but for the money I do not believe it is a better helmet than my HJC AC-10 or Shoei.

I'm sure a bunch of people on the message board would also sent then a shout.

-quikie

"You're a big man, but you're out of shape; with me it's a full time job, so please, sit down." -Jack Carter
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 05:13 PM

That's BS, new helmet or boycott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Repeal helmet laws, they only protect people we most likely don't need in the gene pool any way!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 05:27 PM

Thumbs down Why wait? BOYCOTT NOW!

Quote:
Originally posted by apexismaximus
That's BS, new helmet or boycott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We really should be boycotting Arai already since they're trying to keep the prices of their helmets artificially high by eliminating mail order and 'Net sales!

All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.
'Course, if there's a hot tub at the end of a long day in the saddle, who am I to complain?
Concours Owners Group
AMA Life Member
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 06:20 PM

i've been boycotting them for years. Oh wait...I just cant afford one.... STUPID [email protected]#$% EXPENSIVE HELMETS..ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!! oops...I mean umm...ya...boycott Arai

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 06:31 PM

I have had 3 Arai and never a problem. I did crack my one vent, emailed the company and they sent a replacement for free. I would contact them again. The dealer should have helped you more. By the way i still buy my Arai on line at steep discounts. there out there if you look.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 08:32 AM

you should post this at esportbike.com under daily rant. You'd really get some guns in your corner then. just post thier e-mail and let the bullets fly.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2003, 02:31 PM

I wouldn't take no for an answer. I'd just move up the chain of command. That's lousy customer service. They should repair or replace the product.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode