Power Commander for Triumphs - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Question Power Commander for Triumphs

Have any of you Triumph owners installed a Power Commander on your bikes? I own a 2002 RS that I want to pep-up a little. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 10:30 AM

Yeah...buy a Daytona!!!!

I'm just ****ing with ya. I haven't really looked around for any for the 02's. I've been wanting to mod my wifes Speed4 and there isn't shit out there for it.

You might want to think about using tuneboy software. It can use the same code as the Power Commander and there are alot of other tunes for it too.

Oh well. Let us know what ya find.

T
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 01:03 PM

do not use the power commander or the tune boy they will both blow up your engine the two systems are not designed for triumphs they are more for your asain bikes.i have known people tthat have bought them and they ended up blowing up there bikes.stay with what your locall triumph dealer can install into your computer depending on the pipe and air cleaner you are runing.

yes thats my daytona,no you cant ride it.

I an"t ridin it unless it has wheels or a skirt.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 03:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to clutchNthrottle
HA HA HA, what a load of shit! "not designed for Triumphs" LOL

Both systems work fine on these bikes. I've been on all of the Triumph and Daytona boards since these systems came out and have not heard of a single case of failure attributed to these systems, yet you must know 3 or 4. Bullshit.

NESBA

You NEVER met the nicest people on a TRIUMPH!

Beauty: 1998 Triumph T595 Daytona (955cc) Street Bike
Beast: 2000 Triumph TT600 (599cc) Race Bike
Stealth: 2002 Chevy 1500 Silverado (5300cc) Sport Truck
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 10:57 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to injected
Don't buy a Power Commander for the Triumph!! The best thing about these bikes is the sweet Sagem Engine Management system, and how tuneable it really is. And I mean proper tuning not Power Commander BS.

There's a guy in Australia called Wayne MacDonald who has written a program for a laptop which lets you change every parameter (ign adv, fuel, ign cut-off, fan on/off temps, EVERYTHING) inside the ECU. All you need is to buy the program and the adaptor cable from him. There are plenty of tunes available free on the net, and of course you can also write your own. You can even import and convert Power Cammader tunes if you want to. It is an incredible system, and essential if you are thinking about head work or racing, as all the Triumph dealer can do is load one of 3 standard tunes and adjust the idle CO.

Of course you have to be careful not to blow the bike up by advancing the ignition too far, but with attention to detail and a dyno, you can produce exactly the tune you want.

Take a look at www.t595.net for more info.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 08:11 PM

I had a PC III on my 'Tona and it worked as advertised. I have a rather unique Renegade, left-side-exit, carbon fiber, high mount exhaust and the PC3 gave me the additional adjustability I needed for more power and better low rpm manners.

I sold my PCIII when I got my TT600 and bought the Tune Boy/Edit package, since it works on both bikes. This system has more than paid for it self already. I can try new tunes when ever I want, adjust timing, check fault codes and set CO values. No need to go back to the dealer for ANYTHING.

Sure you can blow up the bike if you really tried to. But the Tune Boy was specifically designed for Triumphs and will not work on any Asian Bikes. The Powercommanders work fine but don't have nearly the features of the Tune Boy/Edit, which is the best value tool/moddification you can buy for your Triumph, hands down!

NESBA

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 05:03 AM Thread Starter

Tune Boy

What do the Tune Boy kits go for $?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 06:26 AM

The Tuneboy Software and cable is $150 + $10 shipping. This gives you all of the diagnostic capability of the dealers Atica tool, EXCEPT the ability to download tunes and will work on any FIed Triumph.

The Tune Edit software lets you load new tunes and moddify them. This is a $150 option to that works with the same cable. You will get a key code, specific to only your ECU. You would have to buy another code to have it work on another bike (or you always swap your ECU over to another bike as long as it's the same one).

Here's the address:

http://members.optushome.com.au/wmcdonal/

NESBA

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 08:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to T-595 Greg
the TuneBoy works great, Wayne is very helpful, and as for "blowing up your engine"....you'd have to be the biggest Ham Fisted wanker to do that.

$310.... well worth it I say.

Greg

T-595 Daytona
T-3 Sprint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode