Triumph Street Fighter project - "Ferocious Tiger 900" - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Talking Triumph Street Fighter project - "Ferocious Tiger 900"

Hi,

I have just got a hold of a complete crash damage 1998 Triumph Daytona 900 UK Model. All the parts have been salvaged and are in excellent condition but the frame snapped in half and most of the fairing and bodywork is now dust.

I am now in the process of looking for a replacement frame from the same year - having looked at some seriously trick bikes I have decided to rebuild the bike into a streetfighter using GSXR Fairings and bodywork (2000 models) and some ducati and fireblade bits.

What I wanted to know is if its possible to scrap the modular frame the Daytona uses and go for the 2000 model alloy frame as on the 955i as I have been offered one with the trailling arm for very little money.

Is it possible, I know the engines are different but I am hoping that it will fit after some persuasion - what other bits can I fit on? I am confident I can bolt everything on from the Daytona 900 minus a few specific bits for the 955i.

If this sounds crazy then are the standard modular frames any good as I have heard they are prone to snapping in half and the look a bit naff.

All the feed back would be appreciated as I want to get the project rolling so I can post some pics on this forum!

Thanks,

/\\/\\ista /\\/\\ajesti m(c - "chattin bare lyrics everyday"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 08:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to injected
Have you discovered the all-T595 forum at http://t595.net/?

There will definitely be people there who know the answer to this, and probably some that have done it.

Good luck, and post a picture here when it's done!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

Street Fighters

Thanks injection for the tip. Yeah most defintely - its about time someone did a british bike properly.

I will keep the updates rolling in - photo's arriving soon "1001 bits and some peices"

/\\/\\ista /\\/\\ajesti m(c - "chattin bare lyrics everyday"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode