Sportbike World banner

Best Naked-Supermoto-Cafe bike

5K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  ariszr7 
#1 ·
I think this bike is the best combination (not compromise) between a Naked, Dual Sport, Supermoto and Cafe racer bike.
What do you folks think about it?
It's the Borile B500 CR.
It was shown at the EICMA Milan show in 99 and was voted the most beautiful bike. It was supposed to go in limited production, but I didn't hear anything.
Have a look for yourselves:

Aris

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: well...

lord tim said:
I think aprilia's blue marlin just took the top spot in the "beautiful mutt" category.
The Blue Marlin is really gorgeous! This Borile though is more like a retro Supermoto than a 'Cafe Racer' like the Aprilia.
And it weighs 104 kg only!
I hope we see the Blue Marlin in production, although there will be some changes.
I read some comments of Pier Treblanche (Ducati designer) that it will have to be changed significantly before going to production as the prototype shown in the pictures doesn't have an oil tank or electrics. It seems a puzzle to me to find where they can put these on the bike! There isn't enough space left.

Aris

#8 ·
Yeah the XT500 was an awesome dirt bike, but the SP could be made to look more like the Borile coz of its basic lines. A bit of welding could extend the rear subframe supports and eliminate the tail section. Could even keep the twin shocks and replace them with Fournales or sth.

One of the probs of living inner city...hmmm Mum I think we should spend more time together, and by the way can I borrow your garage this summer....

:)

#9 ·
titomike said:
Yeah the XT500 was an awesome dirt bike, but the SP could be made to look more like the Borile coz of its basic lines. A bit of welding could extend the rear subframe supports and eliminate the tail section. Could even keep the twin shocks and replace them with Fournales or sth.

One of the probs of living inner city...hmmm Mum I think we should spend more time together, and by the way can I borrow your garage this summer....

:)
Hey Mike, I understand exactly how you feel! I ve already taken over the garage at my mothers house permanently!
We made the deal two years ago, she drives a 1976 Golf that doesn't need to be kept inside really, and I have 4 bikes that need to be taken care off :)

I have seen some SPs lying abandoned on the streets in Athens, one or two that I ve seen being ridden were making terrible engine noises. This engine was noisy from new, but I mean really terrible noise, like something is seriously broken inside, and they still run.
On the other hand the XT500 (and SR in the same fashion) have become classics and people take care of them and keep them in better condition.
I saw an XT500 with disc brake in the front and 12V electrics with electronic ignition, it was really good looking and was going really well! The XT550 is also very popular in Greece, young riders form groups and they all ride XT550s with XT600 fork-wheel-disc vrake, nickel plated parts, and the funny part is that all of them have raised the rear by at least 20cm!!!

Aris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.