beginner on an r1? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation beginner on an r1?

ok so i know that beginners are not supposed to be on 1000s, but usually the person who asks if he should get a 1000 has no experience or rode a 85cc dirt bike a few times. Im sort of stuck on my decision on what bike to get and why, so i figured some of you guys could help me out.

Ive been riding motocross for 12 years now, and I'm not quitting. I would like to get into road riding and of course the sport bikes quickly caught my eye. I've never really like any other types of motorcycles. So 6 months ago when i first started watching motovlogs and researching, I grew more and more onto the r1 and zx10r. people will constantly say a first bike should not be a 1000, regardless of off road experience. Through my 12 years of riding and racing motocross, I think i have developed enough skills to ride a 1000. not to mention I'm very responsible and will not be a d#ckhead on one.

any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in