How to pick a reliable used R1? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

How to pick a reliable used R1?

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a used R1 recently. I'm going to meet with several sellers in next few days. However, I have no experience about 1 liter sport bikes,so can someone point out what should I look for on a R1? The bikes I'm inspecting are around model year 2000-2002 and they all have more than 15k on them.

I also noticed that used Triumph Daytona 955 is within the same price range of R1. Can someone tell me what's their differences in terms of performance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 07:35 AM
Strength and Honor

The simple answer to your core question is that you look for the same things in a used liter bike as you would in a used 250cc, 500cc, or 600cc bike. I will make the assumption you already have experience on one of those and are just upgrading

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 08:13 PM

Hello Friends,

R1 it's power from the crossplane is immediate and doesn't have to build up the rpms to get the top end horsepower of it's rivals and that my friend is why 3yrs in a row it's been the AMA 1st place champions. the power is smooth along with the torque and can have you holding on tight while praying at the same time all the while infascinated with it's speed all in one. this is no BS i've been at stop lights with it's latest japanese rivals including the zx10-r and left them soon as the light turned green looking in my mirrors trying to see if they even got out of first gear yet. I also had the 2011 zx10-r which b4 getting stolen was a great bike but found out i couldn't ride it without being sore and once the insurance paid the bike off i ended up owing 300 hundred dollars so kawa doesn't even hold value so for them reason alone i went with the R1 which quality is top notch ,so long story short they have been champions 3 yrs for a reson buy one you'll see.

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Kumar

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 12:22 PM

How to pick a reliable used R1?

I agree. The same basic items have to be looked over no matter what the size.

Tire and chain condition, all fluid levels and condition of fluids. Has the bike had any modifications? Who did them? Just as good a history of the bike you can get.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in