Yzf600 good beggginer? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Yzf600 good beggginer?

Ok so ive been riding dirt bikes for awhile and ride my bosses valcun around the block every now and then
So now im thinkin of buyin myself a Bike
so i found this nice ninja for $3000 has 15k miles on it
and so im thinkin either the Ninja or mybe ive been lookin at the YZF600 but the only thing im Worryed about is the Price and Insurence of it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 03:21 PM

Re: Yzf600 good beggginer?

Quote:
Originally posted by str8krewzn
Ok so ive been riding dirt bikes for awhile and ride my bosses valcun around the block every now and then
So now im thinkin of buyin myself a Bike
so i found this nice ninja for $3000 has 15k miles on it
and so im thinkin either the Ninja or mybe ive been lookin at the YZF600 but the only thing im Worryed about is the Price and Insurence of it?
I don't know about the yamaha but look around for another ninja, a brand new one has a MSRP for $2,999.00

'Tell the truth and shame the devil,' my mom used to say, but she forgot that sometimes you can't shame Mr. Splitfoot sober. The Irish know, but of course they're God's white ni##$rs and who knows, maybe they're a step ahead."

Beer, of course, is actually a depressant. But poor people will never stop hoping otherwise.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

No thats the Price for the 250 im lookin into a 500r
and base price for those are 5000
you guys think $3000 to much for a 15kmi bike with exhaust

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 05:12 PM

dunno about prices in MD, but it will help to know what year the bike is. also, just go and check it out, look at the chain, oil, make sure there's no frame damage. If the demand isn't all that high, you can try to knock it down a couple hundred bucks.

as for your original question, as long as its a 600r and not an r6 then I'd say it's a borderline ok bike. some people will vouch for it being a good beginner bike, other will say it's a fairly heavy bike to start on, others will also argue that starting on a 250 or 500 is best.

work hard and play hard... hell, if I'm killin' myself with work, I may as well kill myself havin' fun!!!

Last edited by Lost Nomad; 10-29-2006 at 05:16 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

O its a 2005
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2006, 02:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to highflyin128 Send a message via Yahoo to highflyin128
Exclamation

str8krewzn,

I was like you and rode dirt bikes all my life. Iíve been riding street bikes for NOT even a year. My first bike was a 94 Kawasaki Ninja zx6. It couldnít touch my 01 YZF600r that I bought after I sold the ninja. I wouldnít give up my YZF for anything. The YZF is a great beginner bike at low rpmís and has the power at high rpmís to make it a bike that you wonít get bored of. Parts and good priced. They havenít changed most of the bike in about 7 years, so new and used parts are easy to find if you should ever need to repair it. I personally have had no problems with mine.

I got my 01 YZF600r for $3,000 with 4700 miles. Prices will vary. I bought mine from a guy that was moving the next day and couldnít take the bike with him.

If you have any questions about the bike please feel free to ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode