06 R6 Fender Eliminator Kits - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

06 R6 Fender Eliminator Kits

I just became a member, Hello everyone. I also just purchased the new 06 R6, it is unbelievable. My first question is: Which fender eliminator kit is the best? There are a number of them out there, but with a bike that looks this good I don't want to gobb it up with crappy looking kits that either don't look natural, or reqire cutting into my new bike. If anyone has first hand knowledge that would help me out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 04:59 PM

Congradulations! I have the 50'th anniv. R6 and I am having a lot of fun with it. So far I have purcased the Graves front blinkers, which are amazing looking, and stompgrips for the tank. Judging by the pics and ranom opinions I ordered the Competition Werks fender eliminator LE version that tucks up under the tail. it comes with blinkers too so I shouldn't have to get another set unless they suck. The best thing I have done so far is the suspension setup. Sport Rider's suggestions were pretty dead on for me @ 195-200lb. Other Eliminators I considered were mounted by the taillight made by Graves, Ride Eng., FastTags, but they take away from the streamline appearance of the tail section, so I opted for the $150.00 one. Hopefully I can post some pics after a few more upgrades. Good Luck!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

So what did you do to your suspension?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Also, have you done anything to your exhaust?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 12:11 PM

I just adjusted the suspension per the Sport Rider Magazine reccomendations. It made a world of difference. I'd like to fine tune it some more when I get to the track $$$. I am saving up for the full Graves Ti Exhaust, and Power Commander. It was down to Graves and Sato. I chose Graves because i live in SoCal, and want to establish an account with those guys for the future. I'm going to put a GYTR carbon slip-on on it just for looks (since I'm getting one for cheap) until then.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 10:38 AM

Competition Werks Verdict

OK, So last night I installed my CompWerks Eliminator and I must say it is kind of a P.O.S. It looks cool and all, but it is quite flimsy. The bolts for the cover plate are way too short rendering them useless. The rivets holding the fin on for the license plate light are way too weak and loosen when trying to get your Mud guard thing back on because it blocks off access to the fastener. I had to take the crappy 2 sided tape off and add about 10 times as much to stabilize it (you'll see). I scrapped their instructions for routing the wiring and improvised. The blinkers are ok I guess, but can't be compared with Graves. I have a feeling this thing may fall apart or loosen over time. It should cost half as much as it does. Then again I'm used to German engineering and set standards way too high for engineering school drop outs. Hope this helps. I'll let you know if it falls apart on me.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Well that sucks about the Compwerks kit. I think I have made up my mind what I am going to do with all my fender crap. I am going with the Gregg's plate holder (http://www.greggscustoms.com/prod_yama_FE-06R6.html), which is expensive as hell for such a little thing, but it looks like it may work good. And then for the blinkers I will do the Integrated tail light blinker, I think a bunch of people offer these but I have found them at (http://www.tobefast.com/SearchResult...CategoryID=784). This should be pretty stealth, and keep me out of trouble somewhat. I'll let you know how it all comes together, and if anyone else reading this has experience with any of this please chime in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode