What yr of R6?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

What yr of R6??

Im am looking for an R6, and was wondering what yr is the best for proformence wise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 07:25 AM

99-01 have old school carbs and 02+ are EFI. This makes a difference to some persons. By performance to you mean handling, power, brakes, weight?

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Looking for pro and cons of all four. Ive been reading the posts for a few hours now and have come up with low tourqe in the lower RPMs.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 01:59 PM

All 600's have low torque at lower RPM's. Nothing such as getting the newest or oldest model will make a difference. Brakes are the same for all years of R6. It would be hard to notice a difference on the street or at the track. Between 99 and 05 the R6 lost maybe 10 lbs, which isn't that noticable. Im unsure of HP, but 99 to 05 problably only gained 5 HP. I have heard that the most noticable difference between 99 and 05 is handling, though, Ive always thought the 99 was the best on the track. 05's are suppose to be better. I 've never been on an 05.

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the help, it will prob be '06 before i can get money enough to buy one, (paying for school sucks), but im looking now so i dont have to next spring
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.TrevorClever
99-01 have old school carbs and 02+ are EFI. This makes a difference to some persons. By performance to you mean handling, power, brakes, weight?
it's actually the 03 and after with FIs.

Adding on, bikes are a little different, from 03-05, the bikes gained most stability compared to 99-02, less nervous front end. 05 received inverted forks and 04 R1 EFI system compared to 03, which had the 02 R1 EFI, which was smoothest in terms of throttle response. most people wouldn't notice much at the street, but I suspect so at the track where even steering dampers are added.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode